Hostage part 1

Hey guys, so both stories are on hold for right now as I just have no idea or inspiration on where to go with them. So I decided to write some drabbles and one shots that come to my mind. Most will be based on Jay or Jesse Lee soffer but If you have any ideas on what you have would like to see with which character, shoot me a message. Hope you enjoy.

Lacey's mood had gone from happy to "I'm going tear your head off if you come near me" in a matter of an hour and it was only 10am. She had gotten in an argument with her boyfriend over something incredibly stupid, but the argument was made worse when she said she was going to the firehouse. Kelly Severide has been Lacey's best friend for a long time, she practically grew up with him. Her dad and his were fire fighters at the same house.

"Yeah, go run to Kelly its what you always do" Jay snapped, crossing his broad arms over his chest. Jay Halstead and Kelly Severide had never gotten a long, Their personalities seemed to clash. Lacey didn't even have a response she grabbed her bag and car keys and slammed their apartment door shut behind her. She was fuming as she drove the 10 minutes to firehouse 51 the place where she always knew she belonged, everyone in that house considered her family and she considered them the same.

She parked her car and entered through the open garage doors, quickly waving to the guys of squad 3 as they sat at their usual table before entering the house. The common room was empty and she was grateful about that, she crossed the hall and opened the door to Kelly's office/quarter.

"Ugh he makes me so mad sometime!" She announced and she stormed into the room, shutting the door behind her with a little too much force.

"Hello to you too" Kelly glanced at her, watching as she threw her bag onto his bed.

"Sorry, it's just Jay and I had a fight this morning and just ugh!" She yelled as she finally stopped pacing and sat on his bed. He turned his chair around from his desk to fully face her.

"I just wish both you guys would pull your heads out of your asses and try to get along for me" she stated sighing

"Hate to burst your bubble but I don't think that will ever happen" he stated and she rolled her eyes, why do the two favorite men in her life have to be so damn stubborn? Jay and Kelly had water under the bridge a few years ago when intelligence was called to work on an arsonist case and they butted heads over the probable cause, pretty stupid I know and ever since the two did not get a long.

"I'm sure your fight won't last more than a day you guys will work it out" he told her. As much as the fire fighter did not like it the detective, he knew Jay loved Lacey.

"Yeah I guess" she mumbled. Kelly pulled her tiny body into his open embrace, the brunette was only 5"1 and 104 pounds she was tiny compared to her best friends broad chest and shoulders but she found comfort in them, but his arms weren't Jay's and as much comfort as Kelly's embrace provided her it wasn't the same feelings she got when she was in Jays arms.

She stood in her best friends embrace for a while, jumping when gun shots and shouting rang through the house.

"Lacey stay here" he ordered her, beginning to open his office door.

"What? No. Kelly don't leave me here by myself I'm scared" she looked up at him and he sighed giving in

"Fine, but stay with me" he didn't have to tell her twice. She clutched onto the back of his shirt as she walked closely behind him.

They walked quietly down the empty hallways, there was talking in the common room. Lacey's heart stopped when she noticed 4 gunmen holding the rest of the house hostage. She clutched onto Kelly's shirt tighter.