Chapter 2:

I locked the door behind me and pressed my back against it to catch my breath. I walked into the bathroom and rummaged through the medicine cabinet. I began hearing the voices again. I felt nervous, but also aggravated. Pill bottles were falling onto the floor and I grabbed the specific one I was looking for. I poured a handful of pills into my hand and turned on the sink, forcing myself to swallow them along with the red water. I winced as it went down my throat.
The voices spoke louder and my blood boiled with anger.

"Shut up!" I slammed my fists on the sides of the sink. "I said shut up!" I yelled into the drain. It was suddenly silent. I sighed and closed my eyes to relax myself.
My eyes quickly opened when I heard a drop hit the sink. I looked down to see a drop of blood. Another drop fell from the faucet. It started to fall quicker. I looked up into the mirror to see blood leaking from my nose. My stomach felt as if it was twisting and my chest burned.
Everything looked fuzzy and dimmed. I took deep breaths, but I was too shaky and weak to stand.
I can't remember what happened after that.

***

I woke up in the arms of a stranger. It was a man with brown hair and blue eyes. He looked down at me and moved a strand of hair away from my face. I couldn't push myself to speak. My throat felt as if it was on fire and my stomach felt horrible. I was frightened to see a stranger in my home. Being in his arms. He looked so concerned and worried about me.

"You're fine. It's going to be okay," he whispered. As creepy as it sounds, I actually felt comforted by him when he spoke. He leaned me over the bathtub and turned on the water. I watched clear water flow from the faucet. My eyes widened when he stuck his two fingers down my throat, causing me to throw up. It felt like a punch in the stomach. I choked and gagged and tried my best to find the strength to push away.

A raspy cry escaped my lips. I looked at the man with tearing eyes. He looked at me, piercing right through my heart with just a stare. He looked sad, hurt, and scared of what was happening to me.
"I won't let anything happen to you," he spoke in a smooth and calming tone.
He lifted my drained body and my vision went black again.