15.

The days merged together. Weekdays consisted of school and weekends were the only times he could really step back and take a breather. Draco found himself wishing the winter holiday would suddenly arrive.

Unfortunately his wish was not granted.

Halloween, however, had arrived and that was the closest he would get to a holiday break for a bit. So Slughorn's party was almost a saving grace; yes, it was breaking the boring routine that was built up but it was Slughorn's Halloween Party we were talking about. Was it really worth it?

In the end, Draco supposed it was. He could brave one evening with Slughorn in order to deviate a little beyond the school schedule he was currently living. And it was Friday, which meant as soon as he was done with the afternoon party, it was the weekend.

And Draco really wanted some firewhiskey right now.

This year had the largest amount of guests invited to join the Slug Club and it was because of the amount of people who had participated in the war effort. Draco had declined every invitation to join in the events, but for some reason, the Halloween party just seemed like a good thing to him.

So that was how he found himself leaning against the wall, bored out of his mind, at Slughorn's party.

"Draco."

He turned, a small smile automatically slipping onto his face at the sight in front of him. Luna Lovegood, dressed in the most colorful display he had seen all night, was making her way towards him. "Luna, how are you?"

She gave him one of those dazed smiles as her eyes trailed up and down his outfit. "Quite wonderful. Ronald has just gone off to get us some punch. You're looking very well, Draco."

He looked down at his clothing, a simple pair of dark slacks and a button up tucked into it. He gave a small shake of his head, "you're putting me to shame, you look beautiful, Luna."

Her eyes brightened and she looked quite happy with the complement, "thank you, I made it myself."

Weasley joined a second later, handing off a glass to Luna and giving Draco a small nod as greeting. Draco stayed with the couple to chat for a bit before he wandered away when Slughorn was nearing them.

Over by the refreshments table, where he was grabbing himself a glass of punch and praying someone had spiked it, he had finally spotted Neville. Neville was fast to join him, greeting his mate with a hand on his shoulder.

"Where've you been all night?"

Neville shook his head, "you won't believe what I've been doing. Some seventh year ravenclaw has found himself quite infatuated with Hermione, I've been playing defense."

Draco frowned, eyes trailing through the crowd, searching for the girl in question. When he finally caught sight of her, he was quite amused to see her with Harry and Ginny, almost hiding behind them.

A second later, a tall ravenclaw boy was at her side.

Neville heaved a sigh, seeing the exact same thing. "Looks like I'm in need again."

Draco offered a chuckle, "you know what, mate, I'll get this one. You rest yourself."

Neville looked quite relieved, sending him a thankful smile. "I owe you one, mate."

Draco grabbed an extra glass of punch and weaved through the crowd, coming up behind Hermione. "There you are Granger," he called out, interrupting whatever the ravenclaw was saying. "I've been looking all over for you. I thought I said to stay where you were."