Term Starts!

Hermione yawned, then remembered it was August 31st, the day before term started at Hogwarts, School Of Witchcraft and Wizardly. She smiled at the thought of seeing her friends, Harry Potter, and Ronald Weasley.  Hermione jumped when her mother walked in, holding a tray of food.

"Hey, babe! Thought I'd bring you up some breakfast in bed, before you go back to school tomorrow," said Jean Granger thoughtfully. "This is still so odd. I mean, my baby girl, a witch! Who would've thought it?" She leaned over and kissed her daughter on the forehead.

"I love you, Mum. Don't forget that." Jean smiled, pushing the bushy hair away from Hermione's eyes.

"Go downstairs, 'Mione. Dad got you a surprise." Hermione clambered out of the bed, grinning ear to ear. Pulling on her jeans and a t-shirt, she ran downstairs.

"Dad?" she said cautiously, for curiously he wasn't in the kitchen. "Daaad?" She screamed when all of a sudden her father popped out and picked her up over his head.

"Hey, Princess. Good morning!" She giggled, and he set her down on the chair, bringing her her plate full of food.

"Thanks."

He walked over, and placed a small box on the place-mat in front of the girl, and when she opened it, she smiled, for it was a simple golden chain. It was perfect for her. "Thanks, Daddy."

Meanwhile, far away, Ronald Weasley, had just woken up ,and was just making himself some cereal when Fred and George ran down, shouting at each other. "He's Fred," one of them shouted. "No, I'm Fred!" said another. Ronald laughed then said, "err, you doing this to make Mum mad, huh?"

The two identical twins nodding grinning. But, curiously, Ronald felt a pang of grief watching the two talk like best friends, which, of course, they were. He wrote it off as hunger, and continued waiting for his Mum to come finish the burning meat. "Muuuum!" he yelled, and the plump red-haired woman appeared, looking cross over the smell if burning food.

"Ron! Ugh, all of you, just go. You have a week to pack, and I want you to launder your clothes right now! Go!" yelled Mrs. Weasley. The twins smirked and ran upstairs, but Ron paused.

"Mum? Is it just me or-" but when he finished this sentence, he had a flash of a memory, but it wasn't a memory, for he was only thirteen . . . and he was sure Hermione . . . wait, Hermione? He wasn't married to her. But, but the wedding dress? He mused a bit about the long train, and the veil. When they had kissed. Wait, they kissed? No . . . but the memory - no, he corrected himself - this never happened. But it was so real. He tried to forget the dream, maybe it was just, just something weird in the air. Yeah, he thought, and walked slowly up the stairs to finish packing, completely forgetting what he'd wanted to ask his mum. Slowly, about halfway up the stairs leading to his room, Ron stops, realizing something . . . but no, it's not possible . . . it's not possible to be from the future, at least not that far? He paled as he thought about the consequences this may have. He paled further when he realized: what if Hermione and Harry didn't come and he was alone? In the future, by himself. No, no, no, he thought, I must just be sleepy. shaking his head, he climbed up the many stairs leading to his room.

Entering the bright orange room, he threw his things in the trunks, successfully forgetting the thoughts. He stopped however, when he came across a curious letter. Very curious letter, indeed, as the front was of no handwriting he'd seen before, not Hermione's or Harry's letters etched across the brand-new parchment. No, he realized, leaning over it, it was a very mature looking version of his handwriting. But this cannot be, he kept thinking, this is not real. He picked up the heavy letter, extremely curious as what this could say.

 Ron,

Um. Well, this is Ron. From the past . . . and future? I don't even know, but when you go on the Hogwarts espress, I want you to go the third compartment, the one you and Harry first met. In the top rack, there'll be a set of five books. Take them to Dumbledore; he'll know what to do. Okay? Thanks.

Ron.

P.S. Tell Hermione hi.