Chapter 8.- The lord of the flower part 2

Mark Collins drummed his fingers on the table, waited absently. It wasn't a surprise when he was told that he had visitors and what to say about who was visiting him. Since he had been held after the nuclear plant disaster, he had received only one visit and after the abduction and attempted murder of Toby, he had received three more visits, one of which had been a hopeful surprise, but he doubted that any of these were repeated. Mark could only imagine one person who would visit him under those circumstances.

The door opened and the first thing Collins saw was the guard who was watching him, the guy was huge, with impassive eyes. His size prevented him from seeing who was behind, but it didn't take more than a couple of seconds to solve the mystery and he couldn't help the surprise reflected on his face .

"Tobias Curtis!" He exclaimed happily as soon as the guard allowed the genius to enter the small room, not before reiterating that he would be right behind the door if he need him "I must admit that you were the least expected, but anyway.... It's better than nothing. When you are in a place like this, surrounded by intellectually inferior people" he bowed his head and whispered, "some little more intelligent than an ape, it's appreciated to have a conversation with a person with a minimum of intelligence. Even if it's you".

"Yes, right, like if were a lot of people interested in seeing you". Toby took a seat in the chair that was right in front of Collins. He did it carefully, without looking away from the other man. "Your visiting schedule was so full that I had to get a little extra time", he added sarcastically.

"You'd be surprised". The smile on his face made Toby uncomfortable. "What brings you here Tobias? She rejected the proposal, didn't she?"

"You knew it!" Toby accused.

"Know what? About her marriage or her little secret?". He paused, waiting for an answer, seeing that he wouldn't receive any, he continued. "While I was there", there was no need to specify where he was referring, Toby had immediately deduced "I had a lot of free time. I was curious. I wanted to know what Happy had done with the baby".

"How did you know about her in the first place? Lizzy was born long after Walter locked you up. And Happy herself found out only a few weeks before she was born. How did you know about her pregnancy?"

"Who told you that? Happy?" The mocking tone couldn't be more obvious. Toby felt stupid just because he had gone there, he knew what he was going to, no matter how much time passed, that he was behind bars, he could make him feel insecure, inferior. And Collins enjoyed that. "He lied".

"This is a waste of time". He was about to stand to retire, completely convinced that this was useless, Collins would only play with his mind.

"Walter knew it, too". He put his hands on the table and began to wiggle his fingers together. "He took her to the hospital that morning. Before he get rid of me". He made a gesture of displeasure at the last. "You'll understand that my memories of those days are not the best", he put half a body on the table, trying to approach Toby, like if he wanted no one else to hear."Walter and I had been out for a couple of days without sleep, lots of caffeine, and we also used some ... medications to help keep us awake".

"Medicines? Drugs? Walter would never have done something like that", Toby said, but his confidence faded into the seconds. At that time, when he had just joined Scorpion, he thought he knew all the members more than anyone else, he could read them as open books, But it was not long before he realized how different reality was, it took even more for him to get a clear idea of ​​what each team member was like, and it wasn't long before his new perception began to fall as well, Collins and Walter began to change , small details that sometimes went unnoticed for the others, sometimes great gestures that all of them noticed. There came a point where there were times when he felt he didn't know them; The whole team was affected indirectly, Happy, Sylvester and himself, they saw their moods affected, when the two geniuses were lost in their minds the atmosphere became tense, the rest of the geniuses almost didn't speak and each one was dedicated to their personal projects. So it didn't surprise him how far they could have gotten.