Evie x Female!Reader

Start from the beginning

Evie stood up and sat next to Carlos, a poor boy which was often tormented by his classmates, including Mal and Jay. You never attacked Carlos like everyone else did, of course you attacked people, its normal on the isle, but you would never attack someone who seems as shy and poor as Carlos does.

The whole time during class you tried to figure out  how to talk to the new girl, Evie. What a nice name. She seems interesting and maybe the rumors are true, maybe this girl is like you and the two of you could actually have a bond that can be nice. But how should you bond with her if Mal would mostly behead you if you tried.

You got extra points that class for not paying attention. Mal came up to your cauldron " Hey (y/n), I just had a great idea. Why dont we have my party at Carlos' ?" You already forgot that Mal decided to have a party this morning, it is so out of character for her it confused you. "Why would you throw it at Carlos', it's not like we're friends with him or anything." "Of course we aren't, you moron, but you now how my Mum feels about parties and I found out that his Mum is leaving for the weekend, so who cares." It took you a little to respond. " So you basically just decided that poor Carlos will give you his house this weekend, without telling him, and you probably won't ever tell him." "Of course I will tell him you dull brick, howelse should he get everything prepared in time for the party",she shot you a fake smile.

Mal's way. All of your life has been you and everyone else follow Mal's way. This time you didn't want everything to go Mal's way, just this once, just once its gonna be your way. So you decided to break one of her rules, the newest one. - Dont talk to the new girl-. It's not like Mal actually has to openly adress her rules. You have to find the rules out yourself, but this one was extremely obvious, painfully obvious.

But when Mal started to pick on Evie and Carlos you didnt want to endure it. You felt like you needed to "switch sides". But you couldn't that's not how it works on the isle, so the best you could do was offer to help Carlos but that thought faded when Mal told Evie she couldn'tcome, that way the party got extremely uninteresting.

Lucky you didnt have the next class with Mal nor Jay, but with Carlos and Evie. You decided to take the cauldron next to Evie, who was talking to Carlos. They stopped when you approached, thinking you would want to take after Mal and make fun of them. "Hi Evie, Carlos, I'm (y/n), daughter of the Queen of hearts." With that you took Evie off guard and she seemed a little bit confused. " Yeah, Mommy told me about your Mother."

Evie stayed cold, so you tried to start a conversation once again. " Jay said, that you lived in a real castle up until now, just like me." Evie seemed a little distracted by her castle now being the topic and the words couldn't stop coming out of her Mouth. "Yes, we have a very big castle, destroyed and not nearly as pretty as it should be of course, but still pretty. It has a colour scheme too and fancy furniture, mostly graced with black and blue ornaments or lace." Evie was cut off by the teacher and he assigned her extra points for ignorance and missing respect.

Through time Evie and you became friends and you started to let Mal down. She got extremely angry and dropped you after she felt, that you and Evie spent too much time together and after that the two of you never stopped, of course Carlos would often join you, but you also had a lot of alone time. The two of you would sometimes have tea parties, which of course wasn't a normal thing on the isle, so the two of you kept it a secret. It wasnt as if the tea was great, no food on the island was, but the company you had during those parties was what made it great.

Evie would always talk about what her Mum taught her, that she had to find her prince charming, it was a topic you had no interest in and you were totally open about. So eventually Evie would stop talking about it, you didnt think much of it, you thought Evie just noticed you didn't care. Someday though, Evie said something that kinda took you off guard " Hey (y/n), do you", she seemed to stumble over her own words " do you, think that, maybe, just maybe, I could find a princess charming?" Your cheeks flushed and you had no idea what to say, which made Evie uncomfortable " Is that weird?", she asked. "No, oh Evie no, it's not weird, of course you can, why shouldn't you?" What you said made her feel relieved and she hugged you. The rest of the evening went on like all of the ones before.

The way the next morning started ruined everything. The only four people you ever cared about, Mal, Jay, Evie and Carlos, would be leaving, for Auradon! Without any warning they were invited to live there and they had to go immediately, leaving you alone for, probably, the rest of your life! You were lucky enough to catch them beforethey had to leave and it was a close call, there weren't a lot of words you could say to Evie and even if you did, you couldn't think of anything to say, so you just hugged her tightly as if you never wanted to let her go, because you didn't.

" I'll comeback one day, I'll promise", she hugged you even tighter. 

" I want you to know that, last evening, you remember, I-I was talking about someone I know, I was talking about you", you just stayed there hugging her in silence and when she had to leave you gave her a quick peck on the cheek, just the cheek an you've never seen Evie smile wider when she stepped into that limousine and you never ever cried before, you were probably the first person ever on the isle.