Trouble on the horizon: the homecomingg chapter

Start from the beginning

"Sorry," the person said as they kept their head down.

We rolled our eyes and went back to talking.

The line finally moved, and I went inside to pee - ah relief at last. I came out and washed my hands. Then a girl came out and walked over to me, "Malia, right?"

I looked around, "Yeah."

"I'm Cheryl. You know the girl that Luka broke a date with because of you."

"Oh, that's right. The girl that doesn't care if a guy has a girlfriend," I shot back at her.

"I'd watch my back if I were you."

"Oh, honey, you may want to get another scare tactic. Small town girls don't impress me with their little threats. Get a clue or better yet here is some money go buy one," I said, throwing a dollar at her.

"You bitch!"

I stopped and turned to her, "Be careful. No one likes jealousy. It's unattractive."

I turned to leave, and she charged me, causing us to fight, which in turn cause Luka and my dad to come in and break it up. That led to people being distracted and some girl getting grabbed by the Lakewood serial killer.

"Break it up," dad said, pulling me away from the girl while Luka held Cheryl back. "Mal! What are you doing?"

"She charged me, dad!"

"That's not true! She attacked me!"

"Alright! Enough! Anyone see anything?"

"I did," a voice said.

"Well," dad asked.

"Cheryl was right. That girl attacked her," the girl said.

"Ahh."

"Enough, Mal! Let's go!" I walked out of the bathroom as Cheryl feigned hurt.

"Oh Luka, you should have seen her. She was so rough," she whined.

Luka gave her a look, "Tell someone who cares, Cheryl." With that, he walked away as she threw a fit.

Once we were outside, I looked at dad, "I swear I didn't do anything. She came to me!"

"Mal, I know."

"Wait. What?"

"I've seen girls like her many times. Trust me; no one is buying her story. But this doesn't get you off the hook for fighting," he said.

"I know."

Before he had a chance to say anything else, we heard a blood-curdling scream. That caused dad along with the others to run in the direction while Luka and I followed.

We happened upon a gruesome sight. A teen girl was bound and gagged dangling from the fence with her torso cut wide open. We all stood there, shocked as someone calmed the girl that screamed.

As we stood there, a pair of black boots moved slowly through the crowd of people until they left out of sight.

Dad looked at Charlie and Joe, "Secure the crime scene and call the ME. Someone get me the principal."

The principal walked up, "Principal Taggert, as of right now, this game is over, and the dance canceled. Everyone needs to go home now," he said to the principal.

He nodded and looked at everyone, "You heard the officer. Everyone go home."

"What about the dance?" Someone from the crowd yelled.

"Dance is canceled!"

We heard a collective groan as people made their way out of the field to their cars. Luka took my mom and me home, while Damon took his mom, sister, and Jasmine home. Taylor gave Niko and his mom a ride home.

It was going to be a long night.

******
Once we got home, Luka stayed with my mom and me until dad came home.

Niko was getting out of the car when Taylor grabbed his arm. Before he knew what happened, Taylor leaned over and kissed him, surprising Niko. He pulled away quickly.

"Oh, god, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that," Taylor said apologetically.

Niko leaned over and kissed him, cutting him off. He pulled back, "Thanks." With that, he got out of the car, leaving a smile upon Taylor's face.

******
I cuddled up next to Luka on the couch as we watched a movie. Well, if we were going to be stuck, we might as well be entertained.

"You know, if they hadn't canceled the dance, I would have been more than happy to take you," he said.

"Yeah, and I would have loved wearing the new dress I just got," I sighed.

"Dress?"

"Yeah. It was amazing. But no dance, no dress."

"Well, how about you show me."

"Really?"

"Yeah. At least show me what I'm missing," Luka smirked.

"Well, okay then," I said getting up and running upstairs. I quickly changed and put on my dress. Then I came downstairs. Luka's jaw dropped.

"What? Too much?"

"N-no not at all," he stuttered, then I saw him shift in his seat. Interesting.

I slowly strolled up to him, "Do you like the dress?"

He was trying to find the words, but nothing was coming out.

"This dress should come with a warning label that reads will cause hot boyfriend to be speechless," I giggled.

He gave me a look, "Hot?"

Well, shit.

"What? No, I didn't say hot. I said, boyfriend. Yeah, that's it."

He got up and stood in front of me, "No, you said hot."

"No, you hear things. Didn't say hot."

"Uh, huh, sure," he said as he pulled me to him.

"Psh, you're hallucinating. You must have a fever," I said emphatically.

Then he crashed his lips into mine, causing me to shut up. I reached, and he lifted me as he took a seat on the couch while I straddled him, facing forward. His kiss grew hungrier as I felt him move his hands under my skirt and squeezed my butt, causing a soft moan to escape my lips.

I quickly grabbed his hands and pulled away.

"Luka. I'm not ready."

"That's cool. I just wanted to squeeze your butt," Luka smirked, and I gave him a weird look. "Sue me, I'm a butt guy and you have a very nice butt."

We both laughed, and I climbed off and went up to change into some PJs. We spent the rest of the night just watching movies. Sex can wait.