Chapter 1: Case 1

I stand in front of him, pointing a gun directly between his eyes. Sweat comes down my face. As I put my hand on the trigger, I can feel the coldness. The gun is now in my hand, but my heart isn't in it. Why I feel so empty? If it wasn't him...I might be able to pull the trigger.

"Lucy", he said with a smile.

The same old smile. I laugh inside; he was tricking me the whole time.

"Don't move. Don't!", I said with my heart. I don't want to shoot him. I don't want to kill him. My eyes start to get blurry, I think it is the tears.

"Lucy", he said again. His voice is like magic, sucking you in. I try to keep my mind focus.

He steps closer to me with his hands up. I can see his lips is in a curve. He must be laughing how stupid am I.

"Do you think I will go easy on you?", I said. I hold down the nervousness and try to act cool. This time, I can't put in my personal feelings. I have to be professional not some stupid girl.

"You will", he said easily. My heart sank. He look through me.

"Guess again?", I said. I smile this time.

"I love you"

My heart move. He never says "I love you", but this time he said it. Our memories evolve around my head. While I was still stuck on his words, he move closer. In a second, he snatch my hand and turn my around. The gun in my hand also fall on the floor. Our position is like he is back hugging me, but just not as sweet. His hands strongly grip my hands to keep it from moving.

His face is closely next to my ear. He whisper,"Do you remember when we went to look at the sunset?"

The tears finally drop from my eyes.

"Do you remember how I teach you how to ride a bike?" He said softly. Oh yeah, he did teach me how to bike. I fall so many times, but he will catch me.

"Did you lie?", I ask.

"No, I never did", he answers.

My heart is able to breathe for once. At least he didn't lie that he loves me. That's enough.

"But...all I plan is using you", he whisper his words closely in my ear to let me hear closely. Before I can react, I lost conscious.

~1 Year Later~

Finally I'm back!~

The good weather makes my mood better. I smile as I look outside the taxi window. This time, I'm coming back to work. After my last mission fail, I was on trial for a period. Luckily, my uncle saved me, but it left me with a scar. A scar that will never heal.

I was a spy trainer: train spies for the goverment. My work always involve with top secrets. When I feel experience enough, I ask for a move. From being spy trainer to a police chief. After that incident, I ask for another move. This traps me with detective. This job include more freedom and less dangerous. I was in this position around a year already and made to top 10 detectives.

I smirk at the thought of seeing my childhood friend, Rainie. We always talk over the phone and try not to loose connect.

I take out my phone and scroll to the name Rainie Yu.

"Get out dumbass!" A loud scream went into my ear. I put the phone away from me: she is so loud.

"What are you doing?", I ask.

"Ugh...some stupid kid", she complains. I imagine her baby face being angry; this makes me laugh.

"Oh calm down", I said.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever" she is probably rolling her eyes right now.

"Okay, I will be there soon", I said. I hang up before she can say anything. I always hang up before that person say anything; there is no reason to waste energy to talk.

Just a few days ago, Rainie gave me a call. To be exact, a billionaire got killed in his own house. She call me to let me solve this case. Since she is my best friend, I try to arrive in the shortest amount of time.

I open my tablet and type in my 25 number password. When I finish put in my password, another lock comes up. It is a finger print test: I press my thumb on it.

Then, it unlocks, but another 25 number password. To secure my things, I put 3 walls of security. Finally, my screen show up. I click on the file Rainie send me.

Inside said:

Name: Anderson Junior
Age of death: 68
Date: December 27th, 20XX
Where: Mansion
When: 9:30 A. M

Life time Summary:

Born in a poor family with 1 sister. Works at the age of 12 at a factory. Factory went broke cause he lose his job. At the age of 27, appear in Japan. At age 30, move to Korea and take 20 million dollars. This amount of money quickly turn to 300 million. During the next 38 years, his property and money increase to billions.(Unknown where money comes from)

Love life:
At Japan met Valnet Flinn and married at age 28.
Anderson divorce at the age of 50. Marry 18 years old Annie at the age of 65. (Annie is a young model)

Setting of death:

Anderson found on the floor of his office. He is wearing a suit that is black with white shirt inside. Blood is on it's back and on the floor. It is clearly that he was stabbed in his back with something sharp. We found medicine in his bed room. The medicine inclue: heart pain, sleep. and heart attack pills.

Case: Unsolved

I close the file and close my tablet. Out of many cases, I hate solving rich people ones. People who can't afford these thing never get to found who is the murder. I guess life isn't fair.