Terror In The Dark: Chapter Seven

We sat and talked with the Queen for about an hour, before she told us we had to leave, she had some business to do with the kingdom. We walked out, and met the rude guards from before.

"What, did you sneak around in there, then come out and expect us to believe you talked to the queen?" I simply rolled my friend eyes and left, Ji and Catrinna following. The guards spit swears at us, but we ignored them and walked back to the inn.

Once we got to the inn we decided to start traveling again in the morning. We chose to travel to Whitoller, a kingdom fairly close, and seemingly neutral in most matters. All of us then went to get some rest, splitting into our seperate rooms.

Once me and Ji got back to our shared room, I sprinted into the bathroom to change. I got on my pastel pink, white, and blue sweater and a pair of light purple sweatpants. It took less than a minute to change, so I darted out into the main room and leaped on to my bed. I heard Ji laugh while she walked into the bathroom next.

A while after she came out, I was still on the bed, curled up and trying to sleep. Soon sleep overtook my mind, giving myself to dreams.

An ominous whistle howels through the woods outside of her window. Its evening, though with the eerie silence, it feels like the dead of night. The sound of footsteps, heavy ones, are all she can hear, despite the nature near her. She crawles under the lush bed and wishes he would just leave her alone.

The door creaks open, worrying her. A voice booms through. "I will be gone for a bit. Behave, and maybe you won't get in trouble," The terrifying voice says, chuckling. The door is slammed, jolting me awake...

I tense up, waiting. As soon as I realize where I am, who I'm with, I calm down significantly. Tears start trickling down my face, making me feel weak. I sit up and observe my surroundings. Ji is on the bed by me. I stand up, knees shaking from terror, and stumble my way to her. I stand by her bed and shake her shoulder.

She slowly sits up. She glares at first, but getting a clear veiw of my face, she softens, and opens her arms for me to crawl into. I sit down by her. I slip under her covers and press my body to hers, her heartbeat calming. After a few minutes of contact, Ji gently rubbing my back, I feel myself fall into a state of tranquility.

We sit like that for a few minutes more, than Ji gently lays me down, barely breaking contact with me. She lays down next to me, securing me with her arms. Soon her warmth lulls me back to sleep. Though it's different. Its calm. I get lulled back into a new nightmare.

There is a calm noise now. It's the song of birds in the morning. Crickets singing along with them. In the distance there are wind chimes. Its peaceful. She feels soft cloth drape over her skin, stray strands of soft wind find their way inbetween, calming her skin. The soft breeze surrounds her, gently blowing her wavy hair to and fro. There are trees. Beautiful cherry blossoms, on two sides of a path, with the petals falling towards her.

She steps forward. She is barefoot, but her skin does not feel the small but clear pool of water she steps into. It feels just like pure softness. She steps forward again, than takes off running. The path of stone seems to go on forever. She does finally find the end, and her love is there.

She runs and stands before her love. She reaches to them. As soon as her fingers touch her love, darkness erupts from where her fingers landed. Her love's heart. She blinks, and her love is gone.

Nothing looks the same. The trees are dead, the petals black. The stone path crumbled. Now it is ashes. The small pools of water going along the path are red. She hears his laugh, and runs.

She runs, and runs, and runs for what seem like hours. He is close, she can hear and feel his breath on her neck. She speeds up. Than finally, she trips. Im awakend for a second time.

I tense up, and a yelp escapes me. I hear a noise that sounds like footsteps approach me. I curl up amd shiver out of fear. The footsteps slow, and become gentler. I feel a warm embrace engulf me, and calm down almost instantly. I recognize it as Ji. I fall asleep seconds later, exhausted from my two nightmares. Soon, after a finnaly comforting, dreamless sleep, I feel better.

I look out of the window and see that it's just past dawn. I curl up into the soft covers. Soon, Ji awakens as well. We quietly pack all of our stuff together and leave. We start towards Kianna and Catrinna's room. I knock and hear one of them groan, and the other run towards the door. Catrinna popped her head out and told me it would take about five minutes to get ready.

Ji has already gotten Sene, and we go to a nearby bench to sit. I lean against Ji. My sleep had been horrid. I vaguely remember having what seemed to be a nightmare, but I wasn't sure. After waiting for a bit, the youngest two appeared.

I handed the owner money for our stay, and then the five of us walked out of the Tavern. A woman immediately slammed into me. She was crying. "Please, please miss I need help," She gasped out. "My- my son. He was kidnapped by the bandit tribe, they- they might- they are going to kill him! They told me- they told me..." She drifted off, loud sobs stopping her from speaking. I embraced her and let her cry into my chest. After a few seconds, the others came to help console her. After she calmed down some she gently pulled away.

Through tears she spoke to us, "Can- can you please- can you please find my son? I- I do not have much to give you in return but I will- I will do anything for my son- I will do anything at all..." I nodded to her, the others doing so as well. She beamed at us. She crushed me in a hug and repeated "Thank You," for a few seconds. "Here," She said, grabbing something from her pocket, "It is a picture of him."

Her son resembled her immensely. He had almost identical brown hair, not cut, and brown eyes, but his mark was on his cheek, so it would be easy to spot him. It was a black outline of a stereotypical cloud.

I looked back to the woman, but saw she had vanished. I glanced at my friends, to see they were all looking at the photo in my hand. I flipped it, and saw writing on the back.

I live in the black house near the front entrance. The badits are directly west from the entrance of Evol (Forward from leaving and to the left a bit) ~ Angela (The person who handed you this photo)

We decided to go immediately. Me leading, we left the kingdom to find this woman's son.

Ya! What did you think of it? I welcome constructive criticism, just dont get actually hostile. Words count: 1269 words!