Chapter 8. Brands

Selene's P.O.V

I watched as the guards trained day and night from my balcony. Ever since the day at the mall and now an intruder I was now heavily guarded. As much as I dislike it, I understood. The guards took their stance and at times glanced up at me to see my reaction. They took one another down not holding back as we always trained them. I heard the door open and close softly behind me.

"My Luna will you be training today?"

I turned my head to see Jeff who was holding a tray with a chocolate bar and a cup of tea, "I will. I have to as Luna, but I can't shake the feeling that something is coming,"  I sighed grabbing the chocolate bar and started to munch on it while leaning over the balcony. "Any information on the intruder, what has he said?" I mumbled with chocolate in my mouth.

Jeff sighed and placed the tray down before joining my side on the balcony, "He hasn't spoken, it seems as if he's exhausted and we are providing medical treatment for him. Although.." he paused with a small smirk on his face. "He mentioned how the Red Stone was also trying to get intel on them."

I paused and turned to Jeff before letting out a chuckle at the thought. "Of course they are," I said standing straight and turned to Jeff, "I may not know much, but I do know they have a history with the Extravidos."

Jeff laughed and crossed his arms, "Yes, you are correct Luna. They promised the impossible, at least, at their state at the time." 

Jeff walked back into my room and sat on my bed.

"What did they do exactly," I asked joining him on my bed.

Jeff sighed and looked up as if he was reliving the moment, "Long ago when you and your brother were still young, both Red and Moon were about even. Of course, the Red Stone was not happy with this and decided to ask the Extravidos to join them."

I looked at Jeff confused, "Why was that?"

"Well, they were planning to overtake us. They promised them shelter and the removal of their branding on their bodies."

"Wait," I paused looking at him puzzling it together, "Once you are branded there is no removal." 

"Correct," Jeff smiled then his smile dropped slowly "Yet, they believed them and they attack us, but it only led to failure as they tricked them sending them out like test dummies. Supposedly that wasn't the only thing they promised which led to hatred."

"I heard many other rumors they have done to the Extravidos," I said shaking my head. I shook I stood up and looked back out at the training ground. "That's some evil. Not only that but it's best to never trust Extravidods whether they have one or many markings." 

Jeff nodded his head, "That is why your brother is very hesitant about trusting him. Having only one marking could mean you're a spy and most likely used for as a spy. Although, having multiple could mean your desperate."

I began to grab my workout clothes before remembering the intruder. He had multiple on him, many were extinct.

"Have we check the type of brandings he has on him. We have to make sure he's not from the Red Stone pack."

Jeff shook his head, "He is not. No signs of having any brand from them just many other packs which have broken down."

Feeling slightly more secure I asked Jeff to leave the room while I changed to work out. There wasn't a second I wasn't thinking about the day at the mall. What was their plan? 

~ We can't let that distract us. We have many eyes watching us as well as guarding us~ my wolf Rose spoke softly. 

~I know I just can't take my mind off of it. But you've been silent have you been ok?~

~Yes, I've also been worried but I know I'd stress you out~

I exited my room out towards the training ground where my personal trainer waited with a warm smile.

"I hope you are ready to work my Luna."

I put my hands up and knees bent. "Of course I am."