8

June rolls around. They're walking to Baekhyun's car after a quickie in the bathroom in Baekhyun's office (Kyungsoo is making him careless, he thinks), fighting the urge to just start making out in the middle of the street when Baekhyun bumps into someone.

"Sorry," he's quick to say. It' a girl. She's petit, and really pretty. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, thank you," she's going to say something else, probably ask him is he's okay too, but then her eyes find Kyungsoo. "Kyungsoo?"

"Soojung," says Kyungsoo, surprised but with a smile on his face. "Hey. How..." he licks his lips and looks at Baekhyun once before turning his attention back to the girl. "I didn't know you were back. How have you been?"

"Busy. I'm only here for work, I'm leaving in about a week." The girl, Soojung, smiles. "How about you?"

"I've been great," Kyungsoo says. "You look good," he adds, only a little awkwardly.

"Thanks, oppa." She looks back and forth between Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, as if she's trying to figure something out. "You too."

"Uh, this is Byun Baekhyun," says Kyungsoo says, pointing towards Baekhyun. "A friend."

"Nice to meet you, Baekhyun-ssi. I'm Jung Soojung" Soojung says, and then takes a quick look at his phone. "I'm sorry, but I'm really short on time."

"Don't worry about it," says Baekhyun. "Kyungsoo and I also have somewhere we need to get to."

Soojung nods. "It was nice seeing you, oppa," she says to Kyungsoo.

"You too, Soojung-ah," Kyungsoo says, and with a smile, Soojung bows, turns around and leaves.

They watch her go, and once she's far enough Baekhyun turns to Kyungsoo. "Who was that?"

"My ex," says Kyungsoo, nonchalantly. Baekhyun almost swallows his tongue in surprise.

"Oh," he says once he gathers himself. "I didn't know you..."

"Dated women?" Kyungsoo asks, finally looking back at Baekhyun. Baekhyun nods, feeling a little stupid. "I do," Kyungsoo says. "I guess there's a lot about me you don't know."

For some reason, that's not a nice thought. Baekhyun, stupidly, had never really thought about how Kyungsoo has had a life separated from him all this time, how he's probably had a bunch of other relationships, just like Baekhyun has. It's Baekhyun's fault, really, for not keeping in touch with Kyungsoo (or Chanyeol, or Jongin, or Junmyeon) these past few years. It makes him wonder what else there is about Kyungsoo that he doesn't know about. He remembers how pretty Soojung is, and it makes him feel...

"I guess," Baekhyun says, looking down. "We should fix that." When he looks up again, Kyungsoo seems amused. "What?"

"Nothing," he says, as he starts walking again. Baekhyun follows. "I'll tell you about Soojung, and you can tell me about your exes, if you want to."

"Why did you guys break up?" Baekhyun asks, because he's as subtle as a punch to the face.

"Because we're too much alike," Kyungsoo explains, voice soft. "She had to leave for America anyway, so it wasn't that bad."

Baekhyun just nods, and doesn't say anything else until they're inside his car. "Are you..." He grips the steering wheel a little too strongly, and it makes his fingers hurt. "Are you still in love with her?"

"No," Kyungsoo says.

"Oh." Baekhyun starts the engine, eyes on the road. He doesn't know how much he's allowed to ask, but since Kyungsoo still seems comfortable with Baekhyun's questions he thinks he can push his luck. "Do you... like anyone at the moment?" He feels juvenile, asking something like that. He starts driving.

Suddenly, the atmosphere feels heavy. Kyungsoo is quiet for a few moments and Baekhyun's beginning to think he screw up when he finally answers. "What do you think?"

Baekhyun doesn't know what to say to that. He turns on the radio, some girl group's new song filling the silence.

When they get to Kyungsoo's apartment, they don't even make it to the bedroom. Kyungsoo fucks his mouth in the middle of the living room, leaning against a wall as he threads his hands on Baekhyun's hair and pushes his cock into his mouth. Baekhyun lets him, because there's nothing that turns him on as much as getting Kyungsoo off, and because he likes the drag of Kyungsoo's cock, the weight of it in his mouth. Kyungsoo comes all over his face, and it makes Baekhyun tremble with desire. Kyungsoo gets him off with a hand on his dick, kisses him through it.

Afterwards, they have dinner while watching some drama on TV, but Baekhyun's not really paying attention. He's still thinking about Soojung, about Kyungsoo's past, about all the things Baekhyun doesn't know about Kyungsoo's life. "What do you think?" Kyungsoo had said, and Baekhyun... Baekhyun doesn't know what to think. It makes him feel like he's twenty one again, and it's not a feeling he particularly likes.

He doesn't stay the night. He excuses himself, says he has work to do, which is not entirely a lie, but it's also not the whole truth. Kyungsoo just nods, and doesn't kiss him good-bye before Baekhyun leaves. It's not a big deal. It isn't. But it still makes something inside Baekhyun's chest hurt.