vii. 🌳 s i l e n t

if you're ever feeling really down, please listen to this song.

tyler was the first to wake up the next morning, or so he thought. when he opened his eyes, he panicked until he remembered he stayed with y/n the night before. he smiled and chuckled when he saw her, cuddled into his chest, hands gripping the fabric. he leaned his head down and kissed her forehead. this is when she stirred.

 this is when she stirred

~~~

i woke up before tyler, but he was sleeping so soundly that i just snuggled closer to him and closed my eyes, grabbing the front of his shirt gently and nestled my head to his chest. at this, he shifted, his breathing quickened a bit and he tensed up, but then relaxed after a moment. he chuckled and then suddenly i felt his lips on my forehead, i smiled and heard his breath hitch. "oh gosh, (i typed oh josh first and slapped myself)you're awake, im sorry," the cherry-cheeked man said as he scooted away from me. i frowned slightly and just clung back onto his chest, "it's fine."

we sat like that in comfortable silence until i sighed, remembering that smokey was on my counter downstairs. "ty?" i squeaked out and looked up at him.

"yes?"

"smokey."

he furrowed his eyebrows and cocked (no) his head to the side. i frowned, i never told him his name.

"my cat." tyler's eyes changed from confused to sad. "oh," he said and hugged me tighter, i closed my eyes and nestled my nose (i typed hose and snorted) into his neck, tears threatening to spill again. "you wanna have a memorial?" i nodded into his neck, the vibrations in his throat tickling my nose.

"well, let's get out of bed and find a picture of him, then a nice rock, okay?"

"i can stay in bed and find a picture, i take them all on my phone," i smile weekly and wiggle out of tyler's arms. i rolled over and grabbed my phone from the night stand, then rolled back into his arms. i smiled up at him before nudging my head into his chest. i scrolled through all the pictures i had of him, tears brimming in my eyes the entire time, until i found one of my favorite boy.

 i scrolled through all the pictures i had of him, tears brimming in my eyes the entire time, until i found one of my favorite boy