Chapter 5: Winner Takes All; Loser Gets Even

We continue to walk down the hallway till we reach the elevator.

"Baby."

"Yeah," I said glancing over to met eyes with Josh.

"I love you," he said grabbing my hand and planting a kiss on it. My stomach does a flip when he kissed my hand so softly.

"I love you too." I replied smiling. We reach the main lobby and go out the opened doors. We look both ways and Josh unlocks the car door. He opens my door ,"my lady."

I kiss his cheek. "Thank you kind sir." He closes my door with a smile before heading to his side. He gets in the car and presses the button to turn the car on. He brings to drive down Montaigne Avenue. I look at him all dressed up and smile to myself. He glances over and noticed me staring at him. Grabbing my hand and squeezing it a little as he plants a kiss on it. We continue driving until we finally stop in front of a familiar building. "Surprise, I thought I take you out to your favorite restaurant Lasserre."

He gets out and grabs my door letting me out and placing my hand on his arm as he hands the key to the valet. The door opens as we are greeted by a man in a tuxedo standing in front of a big book."Bonjour and welcome to Lasserre. What's the reservation name under."

"Josh Scott table for 2." He skims the page and finds the name placing a check behind his name.

"If you'd follow me this way," he said grabbing two menus. We follow closely behind him as we walk past tables with couples lit by candles and champagne sparking in their glass. Heading over to a table by the window he places the menu on the table. "Your waiter will be with you shortly. You enjoy. "

Josh grabs my chair and I smile at him as I sit in my seat. Josh walks over to the other vacant chair and sits down. We glance over the menu briefly before our waiter comes up.

"Welcome to Lasserre. My name is Daniel and I will be able to serve you guys today. What can I get you," said Daniel.

"Sprite for her and coke for me." He nods his head and jots down our order. Than leaves to retrieve our drinks. We look over the menu in silence. A few moments later Daniel returns with our drinks. "What can I get for you today sir." He said looking at Josh.

"Filet de boeuf Rossini  my good man," he said handing his menu to Daniel.

"I'll have Saint Pierre." I replied also handing my menu to him.

"I will return shortly with your meals." He said walking away. I look around at all the couples in the restaurant enjoying the live music. I glance to the window and stare in space. I feel warm hands placed on mine. I look down and smile before meeting Josh's eye. His smile twinkles like a star in a dark night. His expression turns sad as he caress my face.

"What's wrong babe," I asked holding his hand on my cheek.

"Baby I really do love you. We may be young but I know I want to spend every passing hour with you. I sometimes just look at you and wonder how did I get so lucky to call you my fiancé." I bring to smile really big as he continues ,"You always keep me happy. When we first talked I knew instantly you were the one. I may spend a lot of my time at the gym but you are on my mind all the time. Wonder how I will get big, better, strong to be able to provide for you and our future. You're the only woman I want. I once felt like this world was a jar full of marbles. I felt like a pebble until I found you. You push me everyday and make me see that it's okay to be different you love all my good times and bad times. Thank you babe. You're perfect the way you are."

Tears slowly roll down to my cheek. He wipes it off. "Don't cry. I just wanted you to know truly how special you are. Seeing the way Spinner or any other guy looks at you makes me want to do all I can not to mess up the precious bond we have." He finishes and kisses my hands. From the corner of my eye I noticed Daniel came back with our meals.

"Sorry to interrupt. Enjoy your meal," he stated and not a word more before leaving. Josh digs into his plate like he hasn't eaten for days. I look down to my fish and cut a piece off. I enjoy the flavors of the fish. I look up and see Josh with a mouth full of mashed potatoes and gives me a corny smile. I chuckle a little," Baby you have sauce all over your lips."

Embarrassed he grabs a napkin and wipes his lips. Daniel stops by once more towards the end of the meal to take our plates. We head towards the door and pay. When our car pulls up and we get in as we head back home.

"Just in time 619. Gives me time to get ready. I'm nervous. Racing is nothing but the chance of losing you makes it more serious." Josh's once happy face was serious and worried. I sat in silence I looked out the window. Few minutes later we pulled up to our apartment and up to the elevator. Josh holds my hand tightly as we get off our floor. He unlocks the door to our apartment and heads toward the room. The whole trip he was lost in thoughts and silent. Unsure of what to say I remained quiet. Racing was never a second place thing. You win all or walk away with nothing. I slip off my shoes and hear Josh call my name to our bedroom. I make my way to our bedroom heels in my hand. The lights were off when I feel Josh's hand meet mine. "If I lose I want to at least remember a great last night."

He grips my low back pulling me into a passionate kiss. He begins to unzip his pants and open his mouth as our tongues began to tango. He stops for a minute to turn me around and unzip my dress. I drop my purse and heels on the floor. Josh begins kissing from my neck to my shoulders and carries me to our bed. He buttons his shirt so only his abs are out. I put my hand inside his shirt and pull the sleeves off him pulling him onto me. He brings to kiss me intensely and I feel his hand have a firm grip on my thigh. Lifting it up he brings to kiss my calf and I wrap my legs around him as he starts kissing my ribs and down to my stomach. I bring to moan with his sweet kisses being so close. I close my eyes and grab a pillow putting it on my mouth as I moan. I run my hands through his hair as he goes farther down until I feel his warm tongue on my clit. I bite my lip as he uses his tongue. I hear the side table drawer open and a tear. Soon I feel a slight pressure as he slides his dick into me. He goes slowly and kiss me passionately with each stroke. Grabbing my hand and kissing it he spoke softly," I love you and will never stop loving you."

"A stupid race won't make me lose my love for you." I stated pulling him into a deep kiss.

"It's not the race it's the competition I'm worried about. I could lose you in that slight blink of an eye." I pull him closer and kiss him more intense. He grabs my thigh and goes faster with his strokes. I begin breathing heavy. As we both gasp for air we squeeze our bodies close together. He caresses my cheek one last time and kisses it before getting up and going to the bathroom. I roll over as the light nearly blinds me. I finally get up and turn on the light to look for some clothing. I change into a casual outfit. When I hear Josh ask," Does Aéro need a ride?"

"I don't know. I'll give him a call," I said sitting on the bed. I find my purse on floor. I search for my phone and finally find it. I dial Aéro's number. It rings a couple times before he answers. "Hey do you need a ride?"

"I'm already here. In the elevator now." I check down at the time. Time had slipped from us. It was now 719. Josh wanted to leave a little early to be able to check his car and relax a little before he race. It was a good 20 minute drive there. I hear the doorbell ring and get up. I unlock the door and see Aéro. He smiles when he sees me. Josh grabs the keys and hands me my keys as we head out. Aéro turns and ask Josh,"You nervous?"

Josh lets out a nervous chuckle. "Is it showing that bad. Well as long as Dory is cheering me on I will be good." He grabs my hand as we lock the door and head to the elevator. Josh heads to his car and I walk over to my car parked in the distance. Aéro and I get in. Josh is already out his parking spot and waiting for me. I pull out and follow Josh.