Three

That day, when Jonathan came home from school, he saw Sock sitting on the ceiling, facing away from Jonathan, gripping his hat.

"Sock?" Jonathan said, still weary of him from that morning. Sock flinched and turned his head around, glaring at Jonathan.

"What?" Sock snapped. Jonathan flinched back and closed the door, crossing his arms and glaring back.

"What did I do?" Jonathan asked, and Sock's eyes widened for a second, before glaring at Jonathan in twice as much anger.

"What did you do? You practically called me ugly right in front of my face, and laughed it off!" Sock screamed, hovering in front of Jonathan now, slightly higher than him so he could look down at Jonathan.

"What- Sock I didn't mean- I didn't know you'd get so upset about it!" Jonathan said, feeling a bit guilty now.

"Didn't think I'd get upset about it?! Why do you think I wear my hat all the time?! I'm already insecure about my hair, I don't need some depressed teen telling me what I already know!" Sock growled, clenching his fists.

"How was I supposed to know that?!"

"That doesn't mean you can go around insulting people anyway!"

"I'm sorry, okay?!"

"Oh yeah, 'sorry for insulting you in the face and laughing at you'! What an apology!"

"Stop being so sarcastic!"

"Oh really now?! How am I being the sarcastic one?!"

The bickering went on for at least twenty minutes at most. To be completely honest, they sounded like a married couple with a broken relationship. Sock was even being so loud, that people walking by could hear him. But oh boy, when Sock yelled that one sentence, the yelling went dead silent, and those people walking by wondered what happened.

"How do you think it feels that your crush practically called you ugly to your face?!" Sock smacked his hands over his mouth the minute the sentence was done, and Jonathan stopped glaring at Sock, his eyes widened.

"I- I gotta- I'm gonna go now!" Sock stuttered, ready to dissipate into the familiar green flames when Jonathan grabbed the ends of his hat and pulled him forward, crashing his lips onto Sock's. Sock's eyes widened and his face instantly went red, but closed his eyes and kissed back after recovering from the shock.

Jonathan pulled away in need of air, his face red as well. He covered his face with his hands and groaned.

"I'm sorry, Sock, really. I didn't think you'd get hurt by that, I always joked around like that my whole life." Sock descended to the ground and hugged Jonathan, burying his cherry red face in Jonathan's hoodie.

"I-It's okay. Sorry I got so mad and scared you this morning." Jonathan huffed and took off Sock's hat, much to his dismay, and layed his head in Sock's fluffy hair, hugging him back.

"You're hair's fine. You look really pretty with it." Jonathan murmured, and Sock giggled, hugging onto Jonathan tighter.

And as Mephistopheles watched the adorable scene from afar, he smirked and snapped his fingers, Sock's soul entering his body again. He could always get another demon to get someone to alphabetize the phobias.

And besides, he thought the two looked cute together.