One

Sock brushed his hair once more, for the 52nd time in the last hour. It would seem flat and combed for a second, only to spring back up, taking up it's spiky form again. Sock even tried to cut his hair, but the scissors just broke.

You see, whenever someone or something dies, it stays the way it died for the rest of eternity. Yeah, some rules, am I right? Sock was lucky his clothes were freed from any blood.

Sock's hair was always a bit unnatural, but he usually brushed it a few times, straightened it, or put on his hat. It just so happened that Sock decided to wear his hat the night he killed himself, and sleep-murdered his parents.

Anyways, it was currently 12:00 AM, and despite Sock being able to go back to Hell at 5:00 PM, he chose to stay with Jonathan all day and night, until he finally "punched his own ticket". Sock sighed and brushed his hair one last time, looking down when he saw his hair spring back up again. He gave up and grabbed his hat, putting it on.

A few days prior, Jonathan had laughed and made fun of Sock's hair, which only worsened Sock's insecurities about it. It didn't help that the guy had a crush on Jonathan. Sock knew he was supposed to despise the guy and push him into suicide, but he ended up falling for him, and not wanting him to die.

Sock phased through the bathroom door, clutching the ends of his hat. He hovered over the ground for a few minutes before he heard footsteps coming from Jonathan's room, and quickly flew into the floor, not wanting Jonathan to know he was still here, giving Jonathan still thought Sock went 'home' earlier.

Sock heard the footsteps stop, and sighed, tearing his gaze away from the ceiling, only to see Jonathan in front of him, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh- uh, hiii, Jonathan!" Sock said nervously.

"What are you still doing here?" Jonathan asked sleepily. Sock tugged at the ends of his hat again, laughing nervously.

"Well, you see, um, I decided I kinda like it here and.. yeah, decided to stay until my job's done?" Sock said, or more-so questioned. Jonathan rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Yeah, whatever. Just don't pester me at night." He said, pinching the brink of his nose and turning around, walking back up the stairs. He stopped midway, and turned to Sock, smirking.

"By the way, your ugly hat was poking out of the floor upstairs." Sock frowned and furrowed his eyebrows at Jonathan.

"It's not ugly!" Jonathan rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Yeah, sure. The only thing that's more ugly than that hat is your hair." He said, laughing slightly. As Jonathan was fully up the stairs, Sock sniffled and tugged at his hat more, to the point where it started to hurt his head. His hands were shaking, and he felt his eyes tear up.

It really hurts when your crush practically calls you ugly in your face, and laughs about it, you know.

Sock growled, suddenly glaring at nothing. If Jonathan really despised him that much, he'd make him despise him so much more. Sock finally decided that he'd do his job right, starting first thing in the morning.

And like that, Sock faded away in a burst of green flames, descending back to Hell. He is a demon, you know.