Redoing Life

It's been seven years since the war. Harry's broken. Hermione's lost, and Ron's waiting to forget. They want to do life over again. To see the dead. To bring back the innocent. To live it all again, fixing the mistakes. And, what it, just what if, they get that chance to live it all over? The pain they have felt, what if it was gone?

✒✑✒✑

Harry yawned; it had been a long day. "Ron?" he asked. "I think we can go home now." Ron and Harry had been Aurors, had been since the war had ended. Ron nodded, smiling.

"I'm hungry."

Harry smirked. "When aren't you?"

Ron shrugged. "Erm, never. D'you think Hermione's home yet?"

Hermione was well on her way to be the new Minister, something they'd all been excited about. Harry and Ron were proud of her. They were pleased also she'd gotten something to get her mind off the past. Ron jerked his head, asking if they were going to Apparate or ride the Ministry's brooms. Harry responded by gripping Ron's forearm, and nodding consent to do the dreaded magic. The two men gasped for air, as they fell on the ground, holding their sides. "Damn, I really hate that."

Ron acknowledged the statement, and stood up, reaching his hand down for Harry to take. Harry gratefully took his friends hand; he smoothed his robes, for they had gotten covered in dirt and leaves. "Thank you."

"Welcome."

The men entered the house, setting their bags on the table. "Hermione?" called Ron.

Harry looked around. "Ginny and 'Mione are probably in the living room. Check.," he said, following the red-haired man into the living room, where they both sighed in relief at the girls gossiping on the couch. But when the two woman looked at the pair, it was a look of worry and fear. Ginny paled, and smiled wanly. "Harry. Ron. We need to, uh, talk." Harry frowned at his fiance.

"Are you okay, Gin?"

Hermione interrupted. "Ron, Harry, we received a . . . odd letter today. and we think you should look at it." Ron dashed toward his wife.

"'Mione, was it a . . . death threat?" he demanded, hugging her to his chest. The group - Potter-Weasley's, that is - had gotten a few from ex-Death Eaters. Of course, Ron and Harry, head of the Auror office, had caught them all. Ron, in particular, had set a new record, filling more cells in Azkaban than Mad-Eye Moody, a fallen soldier. The wizarding world in the whole agreed this was because he tried so hard to help his brother, George, to avenge the death of his twin Fred.

Hermione smiled at her over-protective husband. "No, Ron. It wasn't." Ron kissed Hermione's forehead, then gestured for her to continue. "It was, to say the least, confusing. I think you should read  it yourself. Maybe have an old skilled wizard look it over. I'm stumped to the meaning of it."

Ginny cleared her throat. "It's obvious what they mean, but what they're saying makes no sense. See." She held out a old looking piece of parchment, along with a package that clearly said, in bold letters Mister Harry J. Potter - No One Else Open. Harry took the letter first, setting the package on he desk beside him.

Rom nudged him. "Well? What does it say?"

Harry flattened the parchment and read, in a clear voice -

    Dear Trio, and their, erm, significant others,

Well, it's been seven years since he war, huh? Yeah, it has been. I'm sure the pain is still too fresh to really move on. See, guys, I think we can change this. The future. The outcomes. The deaths. - Hermione squeaked, and Ron buried her in his arms. - If you trust me. I've enclosed proof that I am, indeed, Harry James Potter, from the past. Hermione, you've researched this million's of times, we did not mess with any, um, times laws. Yet.

    Love, HJP, HJG, and RBW.

P.S Trust us.

The four exchanged glances. Finally, Ron said, "so, uh, should we open the box?" The group exhaled.

"What do you think Hermione?" replied Ginny.  Hermione breathed in sharply, then nodded her approval. Harry grabbed a wand and muttered an incantation. The bow opened, and out came a . . . handsome leather book, which Harry's eyes widened.

"This . . . this is my photo album of m-my parents. I had lost it in the war, when Hogwarts blew up. It was gone. So this must mean -" Ginny cut in.

"It's all true. We could live life over." The adults chanced a look at each other. Their faces were full of excitement, but there was a trace of fear, as well. "What about our kids?"

Hermione closed her eyes in concentration, then opened the leather scrapbook. "There's a letter in here as well," she said, flipping through the pages. "Three of them to be exact."

Ron picked the three up. "There's one from each of us. Harry, me, and Hermione. Look." Ronald picked the one up that said his name.

    Hey, guys. I'm hungry. - Ginny groaned. - So, this'll be short. Hermione, - Hermione looked up at her name. - has wrote out our adventures, and found out a spell to allow us the completely relive life, without remembering our future. Wicked.

    Going to find food, Ronald B. Weasley.

"Are you ever not hungry?" asked Harry, his eyes wide, smiling at his oldest friend.

Hermione broke in. "Guys! This is serious. Do you even think this is real?" Ron rolled his eyes.

"Read your letter, you cynic." Hermione pursed her lips; picking up the letter she said -

    'Mione, chill, this is real! I've done tons research. Hard spell, obviously, but doable.Concentrate, you'll be fine!

Hermione peered at the people in front of her. "Well. Uh."

Harry ignored her and read his letter.

    Odd, isn't this? Harry, think about this. If you take this chance, you could see Sirius again. I mean it. Think about this.

Followed by this tense sentence, was a charm: Vivereta Vita Novater.

The foursome looked at each other, and drew their wands. "Together?" "Together."

They repeated the three words, and with a whoosh,and a flash of neon blue light, the world dispersed, and then . . . the Trio awoke, with start, in their homes, as thirteen year olds again.