Dream

You close your eyes, take a deep breath, and slowly let your mind leave reality. Something grazes your finger tips, it's soft with a sweet calming sent. Feeling around your body you sense you are surrounded by the soft touches of the sweet smell. You slowly begin to lay down in the soft petals that lie on the ground. But millions of sharp, prickly pains shoot down your back, slowly you sit up cringing in pain. Turning you realize what surrounded you was not soft and sweet. The petals you felt around you lied just above a bush filled with dagger like thorns. You rub your back, which was now sticky from the blood coming from your wounds, and reality sinks back in. Nothing is really what it seems. Something may look one way on the cover, but underneath the surface is something much different than what you expected. Back in reality you begin to realize the darkness under the beautiful disguise. The trees sing in the breeze and fill your hair with the over whelming smell of pine. A smile begins to form on your lips as you enjoy the breeze, suddenly something stabs your cheek. Yelping in pain, you gently reach for the sharp green needle stuck into your left cheek. Yanking it you look up in bewilderment to see a swarm of needles flying in the breeze straight for your face. You quickly look around for an escape. In the distance you see a long tar road steaming in the sun. Running as fast as you can you try to reach the road. Panting and sweating you realize you aren't moving at all. Looking down at your legs you see there's a thick, dark green rope holding you that in sad irony let you feel like you were running to safety. When in reality you hadn't moved an inch and the swarm was getting closer. You begin to hear a loud booming sound coming from your chest as the nerves set in. Looking down, at what you figured was your heart pounding in fear, you see a fist coming through your chest. You feel your ribs crack as the fist begins to break through your body. As you begin to faint in distress, you jolt out of bed grabbing your chest as beads of sweat drip down your face. You look around to see your bright purple wall paper and feel your soft comforter that lies across your legs. Taking a deep breath you begin to calm down. Assessing your chest for wounds you realize it was just a dream...
    But within our dreams lies truth. What dark truths have your dreams brought to light?