"Is it your favourite?"

She turned her head looking up right at him, her pink hair swirling in the air throughout the sudden motion. Nina's eyes were wide open, she was utterly surprised by the question.

"Oh no!"

To Charioce's surprise, the girl got all fired up with her fits clutched on the tray. He didn't know he would soon start a fervent debate on the different flavours of coffee. Still, he didn't mind listening to her preferences.

"-and then! There's the Frappuccino! Can you believe it's coffee mixed with ice?! So delicious! There's lots of variety! Like caramel, caramel cocoa, red velvet, strawberry, green tea... cinnamon too! I like cinnamon flavour the best! You should taste 'em! And...-!"

The outpouring of words was muffled by her awareness of having carried on a solitary speech. She directed a fleeting glance towards him. She wasn't sure if he had listened to her, but from his attentive eyes he seemed to be interested.

Charioce hummed in understanding. In fact, he had dwelt on his beloved black tea for so long that it had not crossed his mind to try to get into new tastes.

Another few seconds of silence passed before he spoke.

"What time."

"Huh?"

"What time do you get off from work?"

Nina tilted her head without understanding the reason behind his question. "In one hour, I think."

"Very well. I will be waiting there for the tasting of the coffee you early mentioned."

Nina's mouth was hanging open a little as her heart skipped a beat. Did he just... set up a date? A strong sensation of warmth coursed from her heart and into every inch of her being.

The plate she was holding fell from her grip and right on the floor, the fuss made most of the clients in the coffee shop turn their heads in her direction, some astonished and others just annoyed.

Nina could feel that her face was literally burning, but it wasn't because of her embarrassment. Mouth gaping, still no words could come out.

"Huh - huhh???"

"Nina? What are you doing?"

A sudden female voice called her back from her trance. Another barista came from her station after hearing the ruckus - hoping in her heart that it hadn't been caused by the pinkette and, especially knowing her friend's nature, that it wouldn't be too serious. The new barista wasn't as tall as Nina, with dark and short hair in contrast to her porcelain skin. On her badge was written Rita.

Rita narrowed her eyes at the sight of her co-worker with a flushed face and the blond client with handsome features. After examining the scene, a little grin came across her pale face.

"Oh? Is he the one you were always talking about? He's not bad at all-"

"R-R-RITA?!"

Nina jumped next to her friend, trying to stop her from saying more things. She steered the other barista on the opposite direction by gently pushing her on the shoulders, walking together towards the kitchen.

"W-we have work to do! More coffee and tea to do!" Nina spoke in a high pitch tone while laughing nervously.

Rita gave a last stare at the guy sitting at the table and shrugged in amusement.

"My, my." The corners of her mouth twitched as she fought to hold back a little smile. Rita picked up from the floor the plate and shot a comprehensive look at Nina. "I'm heading first then. Don't take too long."

Nina hummed cheerfully in agreement with a big smile on her face. Once she was left alone, in the company of the man and the unexpected twist of events, she winced.

The blond man was still waiting in his casual pose; his tea was untouched yet as if it didn't bother him if it turned cold. He hadn't taken his golden eyes off from Nina. Charioce was waiting for an answer from her; he didn't want to lose any hints that could either confirm or not his suspicions. To his astonishment, within himself he hoped she would accept. It was the first time for him to be intrigued by something (or, in this case, someone) out of his usual university field. The pink-haired barista managed to catch his attention with a mere cup of coffee; and her big and naive smile was so full of vitality he felt he was overwhelmed by her fondness.

Nina tried to avoid his gaze so as not to blush more, her eyes looking down on the now tepid tea as she frowned apologetically.

"I-I will leave you so you... you can enjoy your tea." She said faintly. Charioce just stared at her, a thoughtful look in his eyes. He nodded once, silently, and laid his golden eyes on the two cups of tea and coffee, as he expected she would decline his offer.

"I-!" Nina took a deep breath, "I'll not make you wait!"

As soon as he turned his head to look at the pink-haired barista better, Charioce raised an eyebrow, surprised by her suddenly outpouring.

She clutched her hands into fits in front of her and puffed her cheeks.

"Neither me or the coffees will!"

Charioce was a little startled and again caught off guard by her enthusiasm, however he couldn't hold back the little smile appearing on his face.

"So will I, Nina."

This time it was Nina's turn to be taken aback, speechless, by the man's reaction. She relaxed her fists, blinking a couple of times and then admiring how the lips of the young man turned upward in a gentle smile. And just when she realized what she was staring at and that he had called by her name, a deep blush hit her cheeks with full force. Nina was one hundred percent sure her heart would threaten to burst out of her chest. She tried to suffocate a high pitch screaming between her lips, all trying to maintain her composure without losing her self-control just like her friend Rita had suggested to her a thousand times; and before it could happen, she rushed her way into the kitchen.

From his seat at the table Charioce could only see her back running away at incredible speed. He let a little chuckle escape his lips and, submersed by those thoughts, he felt almost swamped with relief and anticipation for their future encounter as soon as he took the little spoon and twirled firstly the coffee in his hands.

fin.