Part 13

PT 13:

Your POV
I forgot how it felt to be out in the morning air, when the sun hadn't quite peaked out and it was still dark. The sky light purple and the light off that covered the field, I missed it so much. Sadly I m asked the shiver that would go down my backstreet though I was wearing a thick sweatshirt. Picking up the cones from the shed I began lining them up like I had always did. As i continued to set up for practice I plugged in my earphones to distract the fact I could feel my anxiety bubble at the thought of seeing Tom. I knew I had tried to move one as much as I could, I knew we only went on a couple of dates but I had fallen in love with him over the years I had known him. The dates solidified it for me, I shook my head. This was silly, I couldn't torture myself. "Good morning", I heard his voice causing me to stiffen. "Morning", I said as happily as I could without looking at him. "I've missed you being out here", he said as he sat down on the grass and began to stretch. "Really, hmm thought you enjoyed your time away from me", I rolled my eyes. "No, I've missed you in general. I'm sorry for the way things had gone on between us, I want to make it better", Tom stood up and stepped closer to me. "Tom wait", I took a step back looking back and forth if anyone could see us. "I don't care Y/n, I don't care what your dad says. I can't loose you again", he sounded desperately. "You lost me Tom, when you turned me away", I turned away from him asks aw more of the boys walk up to the field.

Luckily I dodged anymore questions from Tom as the other boys came up along with my father. I grabbed his clip board and began to help him on hand go over plays with the team. All the while saw that I all was fumbling, turning over the ball  and he was just awful. I knew now what's my father was talking about and he had to fix this. "Dad I think you need to talk to Tom, this isn't like him", I suggested. "I think I am, the first game is next week and we've been preparing for this all year", my dad sighed