2

my heart picked up after it self and it slowly went back to its steady pace. my eyes were locked on the floor and i my boots continued to stomp on the ground as i walked through the streets of chicago. it was very beautiful in autumn, the leaves transforming into wonderful colors beneath my eyes, and the insipid vibe.

i was visiting my usual spot to ease my mind, almost as going to pick up some drugs.

the record shop.

my eyes gazed upon the wall of records and heart began to awe.

i am in paradise.

glorious different selections and yet i want you.  i thought as i tracked the smiths viynl.

a smile grew upon my face and i reached into my pocket to take out my change. the lady at the front counter examined my choice of vinyl and her thin brown eyebrows creased into confusion.

"you do know there's like, a million records here right?" she said in a monotone quiet voice, her statement not even sounding a bit like a question.

"yes—" i said looking at her faded and worn out name tag reading the words lucile printed into bold letters along the lines under the word employee.

lucile was testing me if she thinks the smiths isn't a good choice of music.

"—lucile, i am aware this is a record shop and there are different varieties of genres for our ear drums to process. now if you excuse me i'd like to finish my warm coffee, go home, maybe eat a pop tart, and paint. is that so much to ask for a girl? now please swipe my card so i can leave." i yelped as my words pace only began to get faster as i spoke toward the end of my statement.

"girl just listen to snoop dog" luclie said without even a blink ignoring the statement that i had constructed in my head for 3 seconds and said.

"a what dog?" i said this time blinking rapidly now interested in this conversation in dogs.

lucile laughed in a quirky accent her dimples now coming in contact with the world and her mouth forming into a huge grin.

"you're funny grunge girl, see you soon" she said in a chirpy tone as she handed me my bag and receipt. having a puzzled expression i stepped out the shop placing the receipt into my pocket. just as i inserted the receipt i felt my pocket very empty. too empty.

my journal.

i tapped both my pockets to make sure it was on me, but it wasn't.

fuck.

that journals collects all my personal information, and by information i mean my dogs birthday.

but it also has my memories as far back into what I can remember, i was losing a part of me.

i bent down to look if it fell under any vehicle near but nothing close to my book captured my eye. one thing did catch my eye though. it captured it like if my eyes were taking a photograph and i was trying to get every detail and aspect of it.

"excuse me miss, you dropped this?" a man with emerald eyes looked upon me handing me my bent, brown and worn out journal.

"thank you.." i said in a hushed tone, trying not to cry coming to realization that after this 3 second interaction i'd never see him again.

he was pretty.

"you're pretty too" he then spoke im a chuckled tone. my unplucked brown eyebrows creased in confusion and i looked up from the ground finally giving him a stare.

"i never said you were pretty." i spoke in a slow pace making him look at me with his arms crossed.

"well, you were suppose to say you're pretty back." emerald boy spoke up showing a tad bit of his sassiness while he leaned forward as if he was making a point.

"maybe i wouldn't want to waste my breath on a man who wears a fur coat on this beautiful fall weather of 60 degrees out. honestly man its hoodie season." i said like if it was the simplest thing in the world.

"wait, you thought i'm just wearing a $2,576 fur coat and a regular tee underneath this?" he spoke slowly as his eyes squinted and lips formed a frown.

"pretty much, not sure about the tee though maybe like a raulph lauren polo or something you seem like the type to wear shit like that." i spoke as i was inspecting him trying to figure out his taste in fashion. it wasn't that bad i must say, better than my beige hoodie and denim jeans with a couple of patches on them.

"well you're wrong." emerald boy said crossing his arms and pouting like a 2 year old.

i don't what was going on at this point, i had just dropped my journal and he found it. but whatever what was going on now i was so interested in and never wanted this conversation to end.

"don't EVER judge a man by his fashion." emerald boy said hastily as he unfolded his crossed arms and dropped his $2,000 fur coat on the floor unleashing a gucci hoodie underneath.

my lips formed into a straight line and i tilted my head to the side. "didn't think you were a gucci type of guy." i suddenly spoke up calmly and recollected my items about to walk away from this weirdly interesting interaction.

"WAIT!" emerald boy screamed launching his hand out into the air as if he was reaching for something.

"uhm, i haven't even moved i just put my journal in my bag." i said looking around.

"i wasn't talking to you, wait i never caught your name." he turned his head to the side like a cute puppy asking for food underneath the dining table.

"my name is natalia. not that it matters anyways, i should be off now my dog is waiting to hear morrissys voice sing panic again. see you soon, uh—"

"—harry, my name is harry styles." harry spoke softly now and suddenly i forgot that he was a rich dramatic drama queen and i saw a flicker of charm beneath his emerald eyes. he took this time to shake my brown small hand.

is this still the same man who just made the don't judge a book by its cover reference ?

yep, the image of his eyes will forever be stuck in my head.

and so will his number that was written in my journal.