two

8:29 p.m.

"Yes mom. It's all good in the hood. No mom, I haven't been gang banging— I've never been in a gang. Good grief. See you when you visit. Yep. Love you, bye."

I hang up with my mom, and lay down on my bed. I realize I am missing something... The most important thing anyone could have... My headphones. Son of a bitch. Thinking back to where I may have left them, it suddenly hits me.

Professor Gadot's classroom.

No, I am not going to sneak into school just to get them. I can wait until tomorrow. I want to talk to someone, but I have no one to talk to. Margaret, I'm pretty sure she likes me. Jo, I don't have his number. The others, I haven't talked to them enough to get their numbers. You know, I might as well just go to sleep and just wait for tomorrow.

"Where are you taking me?" Margaret asks all smiles and laughs.

I hold her hand and pull her closer as I walk her to the destination. "On a date, duh."

"A date? Kathryn is taking me out on a date?"

I let go of her hand so fucking quick. "Not anymore."

"Baby, I'm playing." Margaret tugs on me. "You know I like to piss you off."

"I forgot where I was taking you. Let's go bowling."

Margaret smiles as she puts her arms around me. "Anywhere is fine, as long as I'm with you."

I give her a cheesy smile as we arrive at the bowling alley. "Heard they serve Chinese."

"You and your damn Chinese food. I'm about to ban you from it."

I frown. "You can't do that."

"Oh, but I can." She smirks, coming closer to me.

I smirk back, and roll my eyes. "But you won't.—"

And just before I could say anything else, Margaret leans in and-

6:30 a.m.

Fuck. I had a messed up dream. That won't stop me from dreading life more than I already do! I swing my feet over my bed as I slowly stretch out all my muscles and awaken them from their rest.

"Time to work today, lil fucker." I tell myself in my mirror as I get myself ready for yet another day at the university.

I brush my teeth, get my clothes on, and my bling. Got to look extra gay as always.

7:00

I get to school a tad bit earlier, because I want my damn headphones. I go straight for English class, and I open the door to go in.

"Katie?"

I look up and see both Margaret and Professor Gadot in the classroom looking at me. I gulp and slowly walk in. "Yeah, uh, I sort of left my headphones in here yesterday..."

"Oh! You mean, these?" Professor Gadot pulls out a pair of headphones from her drawer.

I smile in relief as I walk over to her desk. "Yes! Thank you—"

But she pulls them back before I could get a grip on them.

"You aren't getting these back anytime soon." She smirks down at me.

I step back and slide my hands into my pockets. "Well, why not?"

"Because," She tosses the headphones on her desk and looks back at me. "I already told you, no distractions."