Chapter 2: The Reality of Dying

chapter Two

The man in the red hoodie let something drop out of his sleeve as he closed in on the poor young man unsuspecting of his last breath. The man in red was directly behind the boy grinning from ear to ear his teeth were yellow and stained with red, his eyes were a cold blue with yellow surrounding it instead of white, his hands were covered with dried blood from his last victim and his next victim laid in wait of his face. The young man sighed heavily and turned around to find the man in red in front of him smiling wickedly. The boy jumped back being startled by the unknown figure. He calmly asked, “What can I do for you sir?”

The man in red looked at him still smiling and said slowly, “You can shower me with your blood kid.”

The young man’s eyes were wide and his heart had started pounding so hard he thought he might not even need the gun anymore to do himself off, but the strangest thing occurred he felt like running but his legs wouldn’t move. The man in red quickly plunged the knife in the boy’s sternum ripping flesh and bone apart from one another. The boy gasped for air at the gaping hole in his chest as the man in red pulled the knife out for another strike. The boy fell to the ground crawling to get away as the man in red put another hole just right of his spine. The boy had never felt pain like this before like someone had poured acid on his skin and it was eating through slowly. The man in red laughed maniacally and growled at the boy, “Are you enjoying the toxins I put on the blade your nervous system will shut down in minutes. 

The boys breathing had slowed he couldn’t feel the piercing wounds the man had committed too, but he knew the end was near he saw the man tearing through his insides as the boy watched in utter knowing. The young man felt no pain he saw this entire scene of mayhem going on, and had no idea what to think. “Should I be scared that I’m dying or should I just enjoy that I don’t feel him mutilating my body.”? He thought silently.

The young man looked at the man in red as he got done and was about to walk off. “Why?” the boy said weakly.

The man in red looked back and smiled with a grin full of blood and piercing yellow. “Because my dear boy life’s to short to worry about death so I create it where ever I go.  What’s your name dear boy?” the man asked his head half cocked waiting for his answer.

Before the young man could speak his eyes became steel gates that were shut closed and everything went black there was silence and no one could brake it. The man in red stooped down to the mangled corpse of his latest victim. He pulled out a black leather wallet that reflected off of the moonlight precariously. It was drenched in a gooey red liquid that mimicked red syrup slowly cascading off of the wallet. He pulled out a driver’s license with the name Jeremy Grimm. The man in red smiled your destiny has been sealed Grimm may your next life be full of enjoyment and adventure.