Leaving

Your right next to me, but far away.. You stare into space as I scream, as I yell, as I poke and prode trying to get a response. Your mind is shut off, your are in a dead state of mind, I want to leave, I want you to hold me tight, I want you to say your sorry.  But I know that your promises to get better are broken, that everyday I tread on Broken glass just to make it through another day with you. Come, you call, as I slice the very soles of my feet with each step.  "I love you," you say as you try to reach me, try to hold me as I fight to let go.

I know you're in there, your soul is a little broken, let me pull it out and tape up each small tear.. but you don't let me, you push me away as I reach farther trying to grasp your broken soul. Each push I fall deeper into the broken shards of glass. "I want you to get better!" I scream into the wind, it bounces off the tree's and echoes throughout the vast and tall mountains, I know you have heard me because you look up and with a sad expression and utter these words: " I can't be saved, I am far to gone!" I look up at you from the ground, my blood streaked hands wipe away tears.

"We are in this together, 50/50!  You told me this weeks ago! I thought I was your everything, your one and only. But I guess I am just your shadow, always falling behind, trying to catch up and reach you but can't."