The Battle of Hogwarts

We all settled comfortably along with my father who was taking the time to hold me close, knowing I was leaving again, but I didn’t complain as he allowed me to lean all my weight on him, and since I was still in a great deal of pain I was very thankful.

“We have to break into Gringotts.”

“HA!” I shouted. “Oh…Oh god, you’re not kidding…you actually want to…you want to break into Gringott’s bank…” He nodded and I just stared at him.

“Did you hear Bellatrix, when she saw that sword she was terrified of what else we could have taken from her vault. I think there must be another Horcrux in there, another part of his soul, let’s find it and kill it and then we’re one step closer to killing him.”

“You’re talking about breaking into Gringott’s bank, the unrobbable bank. It’s never been done! You think we can do it?” Ron questioned wildly.

“Hey! We’ve fought through a troll, devil’s snare, a giant chess board, the Chamber of Secrets which contained a bloody basilisk may I add, murderers, werewolves…several times.-“ I winced. “The triwizard tournament, Death Eaters at the ministry…Death Eaters everywhere actually, like seriously, ministry, coffee shop, at a wedding, in the freaking sky-and you think we can’t break into a bank!? I believe in us!” I declared. “But when we die, daddy, know I love you.” I stated and he kissed my head.

“That was a lovely speech Hope. Until the end at least. And um…personally, I think your dad should come with us.” Harry stated and I glared at him.

“No.”

“But-“

“No. No, no, no, no, no. Not happening! Not in a million years! Why would you say that! Now he will insist on coming! Are you trying to get him killed!?” My father held me tighter as he knew I was about to lunge at Harry.

“Calm down love, you’re going to hurt yourself. Relax. I can’t die remember? The one thing that can kill me is safely in your vault.”

“In a bank that we’re talking about robbing. If we can do it anyone else could.”

“Why won’t you let me help you, you know I can, why are you so against it? You-“

“I won’t lose you again!” I yelled jumping up, making everyone look at me. “You sent me away to protect me, I get it, and I’m not mad, but I lived 13 years without you and I won’t live another day like that. Not knowing if I’ll ever see you again! Please don’t make me lose you again?” I felt the tears escaping my eyes as he pulled me back to his chest, kissing my head repeatedly.

“It’s not your job to protect me love, it’s my job to protect you. Please let me do that? I’ve done a crap job so far in your life, at least let me do this. I promise you I will be okay.” I sniffled, nodding into his chest, knowing he was right.

“Alright, perfect. We need a goblin to take us down to the vaults, your father can compel one.” Harry explained his way of thinking.

“Hey! I can do that! I’ve been working on it!” Ron rolled his eyes.

“You can’t compel me into getting you a book when your too lazy, and you think you can compel a goblin into taking us into someone else’s secure vault?” Ron asked incredulously.

I paused for a moment before sitting back in my father’s arms. “Shut up.”

“I’ll teach you how love, it’s hard to learn sometimes.”

“Do you think you can do it?” Hermione asked and my father nodded.

“Of course I can.”

“Prove it. Harry can resist the Imperius curse, try compelling him.” Ron said and my father did just that, compelling him to slap Ron…it worked.