Chapter 2

I finished breakfast and set it on the kitchen table. I put my dad's food right where he always sits. Once I accidentally put his plate at the wrong spot and I got punished for that later so now I know to be careful to put his food in his spot. Once it was all set out I yelled that breakfast was done. In a matter of seconds both of my brothers were seated and stuffing their faces full with food. I had made french toast and bacon.

A couple minutes later my dad walked in and sat down at the table. He started eating not even saying morning or anything. I guess I should have known that he wouldn't have but every morning I am just hoping that he will smile at me tell me good morning. Well I guess today is not that day and I don't think any day will be the day that he actually starts loving me again.

I didn't want to stay in there because for some reason it disturbs my dad when I am in there watching him eat. So I went back into the kitchen and filled the sink up with hot water and dish soap. I started washing the dishes. I was almost done when Ryan comes in and sets his plate, cup and utensils on the counter.

I sigh knowing that there are still dishes to do. I grabbed his plate but before I could put it in the water and start washing it Ryan grabs it and pushes me to the side. He starts doing the dishes. I am just standing there when I finally realize what he is doing.

I go up to him and shove him over so I could do the dishes. He shouldn't be doing them. I start doing them again. When I am about to dry off Ryan's cup I feel arms wrap around my stomach and lift me up.

I start screaming and kicking thinking that it is my dad. He sets me down facing away from the sink. I turn around expecting to see my dad smirking at me but instead I see Ryan doing the dishes, again.

I got angry. I didn't want my dad to come in and see Ryan doing my chore because if he does it will not end up well for either of us.

I stomp up to Ryan and say, "You are not suppose to be doing my chores. Now hand over rag and get out of my way."

He doesn't move or even look at me like I am not even here. I start shoving him trying to get him to move but he won't budge. It doesn't help that he his taller than me and is basically all muscle. His mate will be lucky. No' he hasn't found his mate yet. None of us kids have. I don't know if I want one because he will probably reject me anyway. But Ryan's mate will be lucky to have a guy like him.

Speaking of Ryan he still will not move! Is he made of freaking stone or something! I decide to try something different. This never fails. I back up all the way to the other side of the kitchen. I then run and jump on his back wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

He must have been really surprised because he tilted back really far and  fell. He never falls. he usually just stumbles a little. Well it was a bad time to be on his back because he fell right on top of me! I think he broke something! I mean really I think he is made of stone with how rock hard he is!

I try to catch my breath which got knocked out of me. When Ryan realizes that I am having trouble breathing he jumps up and instantly asks, "Sky! Are you okay!? I didn't mean to fall on you!"

I was feeling better but I wanted to fake it because I had another brilliant plan. Let's just hope this one works better than the last one. I start breathing a little harder and clutching my knee.

I gasp, "I-I think m-my leg is b-broken!"

Of course I am faking but he doesn't know that. He straightens up, "I will go get Dawson! Just stay there! I will be right back!"

He runs out the kitchen door to go get Dawson. I instantly stand up and lock the kitchen door. I then go back to cleaning the dishes. I also have other chores I have to do in the kitchen too so I will just do those while I am in here.