True Love Can Kiss. My. Ass.

“Oh, come on! Everybody believes in true love! It’s the love of all loves, for God’s sake!” Gina Carter shot her best friend an exasperated look.

Tara Mason stood on the porch of the small house facing the Cliffside, a smirk on her lips. Ah, Gina, she thought. Hell bent to hook me up. Without looking at her she raised one finger as if making a scientific point.

“Ah, but see,” she said before she began wagging her finger with every word. “I’m not everyone.”

“But he loves you, Tara! I can see it; you can see it, hell even blind old Mr. Matheson can see it. Why can’t you give him a chance?”  Tara simply continued to stare. Even though Gina was her best friend, she could never know about what happened between her and Lucas James. She’d think of her as weak, timid.

A total shitbag, she cleared up with a grimace.

Gina threw her hands in the air. “What could love have possibly done to you?”

Tara stared into the darkness of the ocean, watching the white foams break out away from its claws, tasting freedom for that small amount of time, before it was dragged right back it again. She heard the crash of the ocean on the rocks, its anger echoing to the far off horizon.

’Love’.” she said keeping her grimace and making air quotes. “Love ripped all the human in me out. And frankly, I’m glad as hell that it did. I’m better off without it. I couldn’t give a rat’s ass if he loved me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have people to kill.”

She stepped down the old steps slowly, applying her weight, savoring the soft scream under her, loving the feel of being in control. As she stalked to her bike, she fixed her jacket. No one was going to make her feel small or weak ever again. From now on, she was in control. She swung her leg over the side of the bike and started it, revving the engine. For the last time, she looked over the Cliffside at the ocean, its roar still strong, the white foams still fighting to break free, her eyes, and her heart, cold and hard. She sped away from the cliff, from her best friend, and from her life in California, ready for her life in Caldwell.

And as for true love? She thought with a scoff and she rounded a corner.

True love can kiss.

My.

Ass.

So whaddaya think? This is only the intro so I wanna know if its good. Imma take down my other stories and just start fresh with this one. I have a really bad case of writer’s block for the others but my head is just bursting with ideas for this one so if it’s good, vote and comment. Oh and by the way, message me on what stories you’d like to read. I need some ideas (yeeesh).

But any way, have a chocolatey and wonderful day! <3 :D