Chapter One

c h a p t e r   o n e

j a c k

            The green, metallic glow of the Slytherin house casted a dark shadow on Jack Frost's awaking face. Jack's eyes widened as he realized what day it was; immediately awake, Jack jumped up from his bed throwing open the canopy surrounding it. Rushing to get changed into his Hogwarts uniform and grabbing his wand, he exited the Slytherin Common Room and out of the dungeon. He ran up many of the stairs to meet up with the rest of his friends before entering breakfast.

             Slowly gathering in order of Rapunzel– who was equally excited, Hiccup, and Merida– considering she woke up late. The four friends entered the Great Hall, turning a few heads, even if they had done it over a thousand times. Seventh Year was upon the Four, and they were lucky to how this year was going to go. The Four split up, going to their assigned tables with their housemates. Jack and Rapunzel were extremely excited because, not only had they entered their Seventh Year, this year was one of the years that the Triwizard Tournament.

            Every five years, the Triwizard Tournament would come around, and this year, Hogwarts was hosting it. Jack was most excited because he was now able to enter, when the Seventh Years traveled to Durmstrang during Jack's second year, he wasn't able to enter. Nothing but the Moon could stop him from entering now. Jack was also excited to see the other Seventh Years from the other two schools– Durmstrang and Beauxbatons. He had never seen them before, either of them.

            As Jack sat down to eat, he heard the others from his house talking about the same thing. It was rumored they would come during lunch or dinner that night. Everyone was excited, even if most of them weren't old enough to enter. Jack joined in on some of the conversations, some of which talked about what types of tasks there would be. Soon after, classes began, and Jack and the rest of his friends clustered together and walked to their first class.

            It was dinner time when the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students arrived. Jack remembered seeing a carriage carried by twelve Pegasus; which was surprising since all the Beauxbatons students came from the small carriage. It must have been enchanted, he thought. The Durmstrang students came via ship, a large wooden ship that arose from the sea surrounding Hogwarts. All the Hogwarts students sat at their House's tables, waiting for the Headmaster to give his speech and bring in the other schools.

            Everyone started to get giddy with excitement when Headmaster North stepped up to the podium to give his welcoming speech. "Good evening, Hogwarts students!" He bellowed with a Russian accent. "Being a week into the school year, everyone has the layout of the school and school grounds." North's gaze skimmed the crowd, picking out the first years. "But as many of you know, five years ago a tournament was held–" everyone around Jack started whispering in excitement, "–And this year it will be held again! And I am pleased to say that Hogwarts will be hosting this year's Triwizard Tournament!" Uproar of cheers and applause erupted from the four house's tables. Jack joined in, cheering along as well.

            North raised his hands, and everyone simultaneously hushed. "Now, if you would all be kind to give a warm welcome to the students of Durmstrang Institute!" The cheers and applause erupted again as the students of Durmstrang entered the Great Hall. They walked in with such confidence; it seemed like if someone set them on fire, they wouldn't seem to notice. Jack noted this in his mind, smirking slightly to himself. The mix between Seventh Year males and females walked down the Hall. Jack locked eyes with Hiccup over at the Hufflepuff table. Hiccup had told the others that his other friends were enrolled there. Even if they were his 'friends' they loved to tease him at any chance possible because he still wasn't "full Viking material." Following the students of Durmstrang was their Headmaster. Stoick the Vast, otherwise known as Hiccup's father. Jack locked eyes with Hiccup again, when he found him, Hiccup's gaze was following his dad as Stoick followed his students.