100 Things To Do Before I Die - (Long Niall One Shot)

Start from the beginning

·         Sneak out at night without telling anyone

·         Watch a beautiful sunrise

·         Spend the night under the stars

I looked up at Niall and smiled. I ran to my closet and pulled out a cardigan and my TOMS, putting the cardigan on over my pyjama top, I then slipped on my TOMS and climbed out the window, taking Niall’s hand to steady myself. We climbed down the tree and went out through the back gate onto the now empty streets of Mullingar. We headed towards the park, just chatting and made our way up the hill. We sat down and glanced up at the stars. ‘It’s so pretty!’ I said, admiring the clear skies, allowing the silver sparkling lights to glimmer from space. I lay down, still staring up at the sky. ‘It is isn’t it,’ Niall agreed, copying my actions. Niall began to softly hum twinkle twinkle little star, making me laugh a little at first but then I fell asleep, Niall’s soothing humming filling my ears as I separated myself from the world.

I was awoken by a little nudge in the side. I yawned and opened my eyes. ‘Look,’ Niall said, pointing into the distance, it was still dark; I sat up and looked where he was pointing. A thin strip of golden, yellow, orange and pink was just about visible behind the distant rooftops of the houses of our small town. We sat there in silence, me leaning my head on Niall’s shoulder, watching as the sky turned from black to a mixture of warm, golden colours. Once the sun had fully risen, I turned to Niall. ‘Thank you,’ I said softly. He smiled at me and pulled me in for a hug. ‘Anything for you Tam,’ he said. I really did love my best friend, but I knew he wouldn’t feel the same way back, I had another 5 months left to live, but how could I tell him? I couldn’t so I wouldn’t and I wasn’t about to end my life with a broken heart when he didn’t feel the same way back. ‘Let’s get you back home Tam, you could do with a bit of sleep,’ Niall said, helping me up. We walked in silence back to mine where Niall left me at my front door with a hug. I watched him as he turned the corner at the end of my road. I pushed the front door open and snuck up to my room. I fell back to sleep, my mum blissfully unaware of my outing.

I woke up at about 2pm, yawning I got out of bed and went for a shower. I then sat in front of my closet, trying to decide what to wear, I was going round to Niall’s at 5 for a sleep over, where I was hoping to cross off number 18 on my list:

·         Stay up all night with a friend just talking about anything and everything

Then I would have managed 5 things in one weekend, I thought back to yesterday, Friday. Greg was there to pick me and Niall up from school, we ran out of the gates and Greg drove us to the beach where I completed number 38:

·         Jump off a cliff into the sea

Then, that evening I went out and completed numbers 56, 89 and 4. I eventually stopped daydreaming and decided on an outfit, my chinos with a stripy t-shirt, braces and TOMS, I had quite a unique sense of style, I liked to be individual.

Niall’s POV

I opened the door and there stood Tammy, looking as beautiful as ever. I let her in and we went straight into the living room, choosing to watch the Titanic, her favourite film. We didn’t really pay attention to the film, we were just chatting about everything. ‘I’m hungry,’ I suddenly announced mid conversation. Tammy rolled her eyes and stood up from the sofa. ‘When are you not Nialler,’ she said. I chuckled and we made our way into the kitchen. ‘Hey Tammy,’ Greg said, munching on a slice of pizza. ‘Hey Gregory!’ she said. He hit her arm playfully, she knew full well that he hated the nickname that she had given him! We heated up a pizza and sat at the table by Greg as we chatted. ‘How do you think I could raise £200?’ Tammy asked thoughtfully, taking a mouthful of pizza. I shrugged, I wasn’t the best when it came to ideas. ‘How about singing or something?’ Greg half heartedly suggested whilst texting someone. That wasn’t a bad idea but I knew that Tammy would never sing in public. ‘Oh I have an idea!’ Tammy said. ‘I could play guitar and Niall could sing in the shopping centre!’ Tammy said excitedly. I choked on my pizza, me sing in public? No. Tammy looked at me with pleading eyes and then I remembered why we were doing this and quite frankly I couldn’t say no!