Chapter 1: The Start of My New Life

Chapter 1: The start of My New Life

About three months have gone by sense I've been freed and I was loving every second of it. I still had plenty of money because I had put it all in a bank account so i didn't have to carry it around with me every where I went. But I still moved from place to place never staying in one place more than a couple of days. My 15 birthday was coming up in a week and I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but I had no idea where to start. I was walking along one day... Well it was like 6 ' o clock at night but near summer so it was still light out when this older woman and older man walked up to me.

"Excuse me miss" the woman asked, she looked to be in about her mid thirties early forties

I pointed to myself confused as to why she was talking to me.

"Yes you hun" I walked up to her, she smiled kindly at me , I gave her what I hope is a smile.

"umm yyyees" I sort of said to her. She looked at me confused

"Hun where is your pack ?" I was startled by her question. I looked behInd her at her husband, he was just standing there arms crossed with what I think was a thinking face. I turned my attention back to the lady infront of me,

"I don't have one" I muttered, "I killed my family and ran away," she looked at me alarmed but said nothing just nodding her head, motioning for me to continue, "after 14 years of Sexual, Physical, Mental and Social abuse who wouldn't, I ran away and am never looking back. I'm moving forward and am going to learn how to defend myself and defend other that I see being abuse." I finished strong. She looked at me with awe in her eyes, and what looked like care for me? I quickly looked down

" Hun" she said putting her finer under my chin raising my head to look at her. She looked me dead in the eyes and said,"Hun if your up to it you can come and stay with me and my husband, we can teach you all the things you want to know and more. I can teach you how to cook, and dress looking so good them boys will not be able to keep their hands to themselves, and my husband," she pulled him next to her and now that I looked at them I realized they were mates. He looked a lot better smiling... Wait smiling... Someone was smiling because of me and it wasn't because they felt like they brought me enough pain.She continued "will teach you all of fight techniques you will need to defend your self and others while being very quick to shrike" I looked at both of them smiling in happiness until i realised no one could train another rare shifter unless they were one as well.

"You can't. I'm not just One I'm all" I said extremely sad because these people who I didn't even know the names of were offering to help me.

"Princess we are also rare shifters too." I quickly snapped my head up and looked at the man. His voice sounded sweet and deep like honey with care and kindness. He sounded like what a real father should. It finally sunk in what he said. I the realized this was my new begging, with these people is my new chance at this crazy thing called life. I quickly jumped up and gave them a hug

"yes!!" they laughed and hugged me back. When I pulled away the man spoke again,

"My name is Shawn Klate and this is my wife and mate Layla Klate. You can call us mom and dad or mother and fath-"

"NO!" they looked at me shocked, " I mean no i rather call you mom and dad I call my so called parents mother and father and I dont want to be reminded of what they did to me, i already have scars to remember them sadly." they both nodded their head in understandment.

"ok then you can just call us what ever makes you feel comfortable then, we have a son who is going to turn 15 in a weeks time and he is in Malibu, California, and no he is not a rare shifter too," he said before I could ask," we used to have a daughter who was his twin but someone kidnapped her a long time ago and no matter how long we searched we could never find her, finally after six years we had to stop looking but we never stopped hoping that where ever she is, she is happy. But back on track, the reason why our son is in Malibu is because his best friends pack, The Black Pack, moved there and he is now their beta, along with the new Alpha, whose father just recently died, about a couple months ago, thus having him take over at such a young age, he is 15 almost 16 in another week but lets not think about that lets just get you a ll cleaned up ok?" I nodded my head as they each took my hand and we walked to their house together. Yu this is my new life, and I can't wait for it to begin

--------

<|>Six Months Later<|>

"COme on dad you can do better than this" I taunted my dad, or Shawn. "Come on old man"

"It looks like the student has surpassed the teacher," he said panting, "but princess , this old man still has some fire left" and he lunged at me. I quickly duck under him kicking out my legs knocking him down. I quickly jumped on him put my knee on his chest and put the side of my forearm on his neck.. "check mate" he smiled and nodded admit in his defeat. Finally after 6 months of intense training, doing 500 push a day and sometimes all throughout the night. Running for mile upon miles, sparing for days at a time.Training In wolf form, tiger, lion, eagle and fishy form i finaIy I beat him, I finally was ready.

"congrats Katana" he said with a bow of his head,"You are finally ready to make it in this world by yourself." he said proudly. Over these six months I hav grown a special bond with Shawn, he was like the dad I never had. I was jumping in excitement but then remembered that I had to leave them. I quckily stopped and looked at him. He still looked proud but slightly had tears I his eyes. Now I haven't known him for a long time but I could tell that he never cried. I ran up to him and gave him a hug. We walked back back to the house were mom- Layla, had dinner ready. She looked at me and when she saw that I had a dazzling smile she ran up to me hugging the life out of me.

"you finally did it, your ready" she said with a watey smile.

"aww mom don't cry I'll be back, I'll always Be watching you and be with you always no matter what. I love you mom" she hugged my extremely tight I thought i was going to exploded. I pulled away from her, me on the way, I swallowed them back and looked at mom and then at dad.

" I love you both, you two showed me what I can be and do and for that I am greatfull. I will always be available for you two to call me. If I never pick up there is something wrong, I love you and I will never forget you." with that I hugged them and looked at them. These are the people that took me in when no one else would even look at me, when no one would help me. These were my parents. My family. My life. And I loved them with them.

----later that night----

Everyone had just gone to bed. When I picked up my bag and headed down stairs. "Leaven early?" I turned around to see Shawn standing in the door way. " I.. Uh ... "

"No worries princess, I understand that you don't want a tearful goodbye tomorrow. Knowing my mate she would Probably keep you here for hours just saying good bye" I stood there and ran to give him a hug.

When we pulled away he gave me a box. I looked down at it confused"what what is this for"

I opened it to reveal a Black Katana, and a Silver dagger. I look at him," these are my gifts to you the are weapons that well help you with your journey on finding defending others. Hey are also specially made so that when you shift in to any form the don't fall of , oh and here is this." he handed me a bag with what looked like a black tanktop, black shorts and jeans, and a solid black jacket. There was the same thing also in Blood Red, dark Purple, midnight blue and navy green" I look at him him

"Thank you Shawn I wont ever forget you ever" I hugged him once more and walked out the door. Look at were world I coming and I'm coming prepared. With that thought I put the Black Katana on my back and slipped the belt on my hip and placed the dagger in safe and sound in its holder, and I walked out the door. I was to the end of the estate, when I looked back. I could see Shawn's silhouette on the porch. I sighed then kept moving forward