Chapter One - Normal

Hello, all! My first story so please bear with me! Take a chance at this intricate, romance, humorous novel! It is un-edited. I will edit as soon as the book is finished. :) Please, tell me what you think!

Copyright © 2012 christinasj All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 1 - Normal

I headed out the back door to grab my shoes and took the time to yell out to my parents.

"Mom, Dad, going to school!"

When I heard no response, I shrug and walk out the front door, opening my car.

"Oh, shit. You scared me." I narrow my eyes at my best friend, sitting beside me on the passenger seat.

"Well, guess what. You scared me too." He runs his hand over his hair in such a manner that I can't help, but drool over his unruly curly hair. "Stop staring. I know you want this -" he points at his body, and smirks, "but sorry babe, not happenin'."

Of course, it was kind of hard living normal life in high school when your best friend was the hottest guy in school. The "oh so holy" fan club he had was even more ridiculous. Each and every member hated me, I swear they burn pictures of me. But I never once regretted befriending him, ever. We'd been like this since kindergarten, when I moved down to the suburbs in southern California from the cold weather of winter New Jersey. I'd even had a small crush on him since then, but knowing he didn't return those feelings, away they were pushed.

"Hey - oi - Ana - you awake?"

I look up to see a set of worried eyes looking down upon me, their colors changing like the seasons. His eye color always changed, from hazel to light green, but nonetheless, handsome on him.

I snapped his hand away from my face, "Yes, so stop touching me, Arin."

He smiles wide at my usual tone of manner, and hugs me tight.

"Thank the Lord, you're alright."

"You thank him too much. Anyways, it wasn't like I was in a coma or anything." I snort and turn on the engine, making way for school.

"Well, it freaked me out when you started opening your mouth and drooling like you always do." Arin bumped his shoulder with mine and I winced slightly at the supposedly light punch. I never did get over how strong he is. Even that light touch seemed like a heavy boulder to me.

"One, I always open my mouth, see?" I turn to look at him with my mouth wide open, "Two, I do not drool."

"Don't do that again. But fine. Well, you always worry me, you know." He mutters under his breath while I register his words, fighting the urge to roll my eyes.

Arin was always protective of me, reason being that I was his own little sister from another mother - if that made sense anyways. Yeah, and that made me feel better about crushing on him, not.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm your sister. Blah, blah." I make a face at him and park at my usual spot in the parking lot.

"No, it's not like that - I mean, well -" He was interrupted by the shouts of his football friends, hanging around the quad.

"Arin! Over here, dude!"

I look at the text I'd just received and furrow my eyebrows. Why did my mom need me home so damn early? Before I let Arin go, I tug on his tight v-neck, making him turn.

"My mom told me to come early today, so I can't take you home. Sorry. Maybe you can hitch a ride with Ryan or something? I got to go. See you later." I lightly peck him on the cheek and make my way into the hallways of Easton High.