Imperfectly Perfect Love

"Mom, I don't want to stay in this hospital. It sucks here. I want to enjoy life. Please let me go."
"Gauri you know why are you here. So why do you need to risk your own life ?"
"I don't care. I know I am not going to live more. So why not spend the last few days happily?"

Just then the nurse came with the tray of food. Seeing the same undelicious food , Gauri moved out slamming the door. She rushed to the terrace of the hospital to cry her heart out. There she saw a boy relishing his pizza. But the boy was wearing hospital clothes which meant he too was a patient. Without looking behind , the boy felt Gauri's presence there and said, "Stop weeping now. Come lets share a pizza. I know you are tired of eating hospital food."
Gauri went near him and a piece of pizza from his hand, asked, "How do you know I don't like?"
"Because I don't think anyone can like this food."
"Thats true." Gauri put her hand forward and introduced herself ,"Hello , I am Gauri."
The boy shook hands with Gauri and said, "What a beautiful name! But that smile cannot be seen on your face. Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. Hii , Omkara here."
"You cannot see this smile on my face because I am in the last stage of lung cancer and having just a few days to live life."
"If you have few days to live so you can't smile that's a very stupid reason. I am also dying due to leukemia (blood cancer) but I am smiling right so you can also smile."

Gauri saw that there was a huge difference between them. Though the only similarly between them was that they both were going to die , but she had lost hope from her life and the smile on her face. On the other hand , Omkara was so cheerful and living his life to the fullest. But the bitter truth was Omkara was going through this stage of life all alone. He was the son of rich parents who just sent him money without caring about him as they were too busy. He was lonely from inside but he never showed this on his face.

So they both were imperfect and incomplete ; one giving up life without enjoying its last days and other battling his own inner demon of loneliness by fake happiness.

"C'mon now I have given my pizza to you. Atleast smile now, " Omkara said.
Gauri smiled widely and replied, " Thank you so much Omkara for sharing your pizza with me and also for changing my mood."
"Oh my God ! Wow I can die for this smile. And yes for that its no need because I can do anything for you and specially for seeing this kind of smile."

Actually Omkara had fallen in love with Gauri when he saw her for the first time arguing with her mom about the lifestyle here. He had eventually decided to change her mood to make her smile. Both of them were in their early twenties one from a middle class family and always having the support and care of her mother and the other from a rich family with none giving me attention.

Hearing Omkara's words , Gauri blushed a bit. Omkara took this opportunity and flirted with her, "Let's make your mood more fine so that I can a wider smile than this." Saying this Omkara brought two papers and giving one to Gauri said, "Write down all the wishes that you want to be fulfilled before dieing." They both started writing.
Gauri's wishes were :
1. Ride a bike
2. Walk on the beach late at night
3. Sleep on the terrace under the stars
4. Go to a club and party all night
5. Have a grand wedding with the love of my life

Omkara's wishes were :
1. Meet my parents once before dying
2. Hug them
3. Talk to them endlessly
4. Cry in front of them
5. Have a caring and cute girlfriend

Gauri and Omkara exchanged their papers. Om decided to complete all the wishes of Gauri that were written on that paper. Seeing Om's wishes Gauri understood that Om was just pretending to be happy but from inside he was struggling to fight isolation from his parents. She thought she had to do something to make Om truly happy because she too had started loving Om as he had made her immensely happy by changing her perspective towards life. But both of them didnot know about each other's feelings.