22. Cuss a Blue Streak

Start from the beginning

I had once again spun out into a sand dune, when Victor lapped me.   I moved over to the couch and sat down next to him.  Time for drastic measures.  I accidentally elbowed him while settling down and his hovercraft crashed into a palm tree.

"Sorry!" I said trying to paste on a convincingly repentant smile.

"Ha!  You're not sorry," he retorted. "We've got a cheater here."

Hmph! How did he figure that out so quick?

"Your face is an open book," Kota said. "Also, anyone with minor Combat Sight could have picked up your intent," he added chuckling as his hovercraft was now lapping mine for the second time.  Kota was insanely good at this game.

Guess I wasn't going to be able to cheat with the psychic space ninjas.  I was just coming up even with Gabriel in our third game when a request to join the game came in.  Gabriel accepted and a new username
siL⛵s popped in. 

K: @siL⛵s - hey, are you still home?

Si: no, came back early to KOTIS....my father was making me go work with him in the tunnels.

G: Fuck.  Do you ever tell him what we kill in there on Ena missions?

Si: no...he likes his job....don't want to scare him.

K:   You should come down to me and Vic's place.  Uncle won't let North and Luke return for awhile.  We'll finish this round while you walk down.

Si: ok

V: Make sure you're decent.

Si: ok

G: Oy, like actually clothed, underwear only doesn't count.

K:  Actually, wear the nanosuit.  We are in ours.  I'll explain when you get here.

Si: need a few more joden then

We finished the race, me coming in third ahead of Victor, amazingly.  Victor stood, pulling me up with him.  "Come here, Princess." He led me to stand directly before the doorway and told me to stay, then directed the others just out of sight with himself. 

The door slid open a few den later.  Before me stood raw power.  I had to look up past muscles defined by the nanosuit, to a face with a firm, square jaw and framed by shiny black locks to meet eyes such a deep brown they were almost black in the hallway lighting. A face that now looked very confused.  My face felt very hot.

"Do I have the wrong place?" he asked.  I could hear he had a different accent.

"What a pick-up line!" Victor joked stepping into sight with the others.

Kota introduced us, "Silas, this is Sang.  Sang, Silas is another Fourth Squad member."

"She is a new Setari?  I did not know any Kalrani were being promoted." I had actually gotten comfortable enough to forget about wearing the uniform, but Silas noticed.

"Well, not exactly," said Kota.  "Sang is the stray Tsee Blackbourne and Ista Green found on the Muina mission.  Look at the report I just sent to your inbox.  The most important thing is that, for now, nobody touches Sang skin-to-skin."

Silas' gaze dropped to the gloved hand Kota had placed on my shoulder.  He made me feel so small, since he was at least a head taller than Kota.

"Come in and let's play fuckers!" called Gabriel. 

Somehow, I ended up sitting between Silas and Victor on the couch.  As we played the virtual racing game, the boys' arms would occasionally graze mine.  Silas was just large, so I assumed it was unintentional on his part.  Victor, on the other hand, was quite possibly trying to get me back for earlier.  Instead of making me cringe, though, I found myself anticipating those brushes.  We played until  Gabriel decided it was time to eat. 

"The dining hall should be almost empty now.  Will you be okay going with all of us, Sang?" Kota asked.

I pressed my finger to my lips.  I had been comfortable all day with the boys, even when Silas, someone new, had joined us. So I nodded. 

******A/n: Yay! Over 2k reads

******
A/n: Yay! Over 2k reads....thanks for all the votes, y'all....this chapter title took me awhile to decide on....but well, I figured this idiom worked  because we start to hear Gabe's colorful language, blue for meeting Silas, and streak for the racing game...also, wanted to be more creative with their gamer tags but had to keep it simple...I just hope these emoji things work