Celorian-Sunset

This one shot takes place before the final duel in Throne of Glass.
~
Dorian Havillard had been considering returning to his chambers after three long hours of uninterrupted reading, that is, until Celaena came waltzing into her chambers covered in sweat and mud. Her striking bright blue eyes immediately shot to him sitting in her chair in front of the fire. "What in Hellas name are you doing here?" She practically screamed it, and at the sound Fleetfoot jumped from her place at Dorian's side, ran over to her mistress and licked her vigorously across the face. "Get off of me you furry monstrosity" She said smiling whilst wiping the all the dog slobber off her face. "How was training?" Dorian said smirking at Fleetfoot who was now sitting at Celeana's feet practically begging for attention. "Answer my question first prince" Celeana said as she took of her black jacket. "I was merely looking for a quiet place to read". Celeana smiled "So you decided to come here? To your champions chambers?". Dorian just smirked and let out a low chuckle. "But of course champion, am I not permitted to do so?". "I suppose it's alright" Celeana said walking to the window. "Since you practically own this castle". Another chuckle. There was silence for a moment whilst she starred whimsically out her window at the sunset. for a moment he allowed himself to take in her gorgeous lithe form against the reds and oranges of the sun. Gods she was beautiful. He hated to admit it, but she truly was.
No.
No he couldn't.
He couldn't fall in love with her.
Not with everything that was to happen in the next few weeks. The competition.
No.
She would compete. She would win, And then she would would kill for his father. But what he wouldn't do for one night with her. One night where nothing from that night would matter the next day. One night where he wasn't the prince of Adarlan, and she wasn't an assasin, or a slave or a champion. But he was the prince, and she was his fathers pawn. So he would remain strong. For her. For them both. For his kingdom. 
A small cough from the window broke the prince from his thoughts.
"Enjoying the view prince?" Celeana smirked. A hand on her hip sassily leaning to one side like a model. Dorian froze and went a shade of red unnervingly similar to the red of the now almost set sun outside the window. "I...Errmmm" a mere stammer was all he could manage before he stood up and left the room, Celeana Sardothien still standing at the window, The sun was now set behind the hills of his kingdom.