Chapter 1

Samantha roamed the trashed landscape with her cat, Norbert, a male black cat with a white chest and white paws, on her shoulder. She looked at Norbert, who had a sad look on his face. Samantha smiled at him. "Don't worry Norb, we'll be ok..." Norbert looked at Samantha as he tilted his head, meowing slightly. Samantha knew what he was thinking, and she eventually became sad, remembering.
  Samantha looked at her mother, smiling goofily. She was only 5. Her mother looked back, looking like she forced a smile as they were rushing towards the giant ship. Her mother looked back in front of her as Samantha's father was farther ahead of them. Norbert was only 5 weeks old as he was sitting on her shoulder, holding on like he was going to fly away. Samantha accidentally tripped, crying. "Mommy, daddy!" She was so close to the ship that her parents were already in and the ship door had already closed.
  Samantha's mother and father began banging on the ship door, yelling with tears in their eyes. The ship had started to take off, going into space. Samantha curled up into a ball on the trashed ground, crying. Norbert went to lay next to her, sleeping.
  Samantha hadn't noticed she had tears in her eyes until now, and Norbert had started to lay on her shoulder, his head leaning onto hers. It had been 15 years until that happened, so she is about 20, and Norbert's still alive and well. Samantha sighed as she passed a frozen Wall-E. It arms were above its head holding a trash block, looking like it was about to place it down. Its eyes were blank, showing no life. Samantha looked at the Wall-E, looking back in front of her once she passed it. She got out her mp3 player, putting her earbuds in her ears as she played her favourite song, Rumor Has It by Adele. She started off by humming, then she started singing and dancing. Norbert, being the one without earbuds, starting hearing something over Samantha's singing. He started meowing loudly, trying to get her attention, but she had her volume too high.
  Samantha looked at Norbert as she took one of her earbuds out. "What is it, bu--?" She then heard the sound, too. She started walking towards it. Norbert was shaking like what they were going to see was going to pounce and attack them. Samantha looked behind a pile of tires, and she saw something brown before it hid somewhere. Her, being curious, began to walk to the place where the thing hid. She was probably going to corner what ever it was. Norbert looked at the hiding spot before Samantha did, and he walked off mid-air. Samantha, being surprised by this, rushed over to where Norbert went, and what she saw surprised her even more.