All The Way

ALL THE WAY

There's that precious moment when we are a little bit drunk, just enough, when we are able to say whatever we want to because our defenses are down. Wouldn't it all be so much easier if we could live like that all the time? Be happy just because.

The sheets are wrinkled around their sweating bodies, still damp from the previous night where they tried to fix each other with love. Sunlight peeks through the curtains and glistens in Ellie's eyelashes, slowly waking her. She feels fingers on her hips, and she slowly turns around, finding Archie on her right. His eyes flutter open. A smile in his face, and she can't help but give one back.

"Morning, lover boy."

Archie groans slightly, his morning voice rough and deep. A smirk is on his face and he looks around the room, glancing at part of their clothes spread on the floor, seeing the rest is much probably still on the living room, then back at her.

"Morning, funny girl."

Ellie's hands on his jawbone as she leans in and kisses his neck. His breathing gets slightly lighter and faster, his eyes closed. Slowly, she presses her forehead to his.

"Are you ok? After last night..."

"I remember a lot more than I thought I would." Archie confesses.

"I know, me too." She sighs.

He reaches for a lock of blonde hair, and asks the hard question. "Do you want to tell me... about Jason?"

"It's true." Eleanor looks away from his eyes for a moment. "But I was never in love with Jason, it didn't feel like love. It felt like an escape."

"Is this an escape too?" Archie dares to wonder. "Us?"

"No." She gives him a soft smile, caressing his face. "Not anymore."

That summer, yes, Eleanor used to run to his bed when she needed shelter, when she needed to escape that horrible reality that was the world around her. But things changed, she fell in love with her childhood best friend that summer. And now it's like, even if Ellie could have anyone else, she'd still choose him. Archie is at the top of every single list, she would choose him every time. Well, or so it seems.

Eleanor places a hand on his chest for support, pushing his back down on the matress. She sits on top of him, his hands grabbing harder on her hips. "But this is still our way of escaping the world." Ellie smirks down at him.

The blonde moves her body against his and Archie groans slightly in response, allowing her to capture his lips in a soft kiss, which he smiles into, moving one hand up to cup the back of her head.

"What happened to me repaying you, El?"

"Maybe this is the repayment I want, Archie." She bits down on her lip. "I do miss our slow, sweet, early-morning sex, because it's like our own escape from it all."