Trouble with Pirates - Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, that sure wasn't SUPER! Ow!" Franky yelled, ending in one of his favorite poses.

"More importantly, why are we speeding up? I thought there wasn't wind here," Usopp asked.

"There was no wind," Brook agrees. "I haven't felt the wind on my skin for quite a time now. . . since I don't have any skin because I am a skeleton. Yohoho."

Nami looked down over the side of the ship, and then her eyes widening with realization.

"We're being guided by a current!" Nami announced. "Usopp, Zoro, Brook, Sanji hoist the sails. Franky, try to steer us out of this current! Luffy see if you can make out what's up ahead. Stretch or something!"

"Hai!" the entire crew responded as they rushed to complete their assigned tasks.

Franky tried to turn the wheel with all his might but it didn't even budge an inch. "I can't turn the wheel, this is SUPER bad!" Franky exclaimed.

Luffy spun his legs around the banister next to Nami. "Gomu Gomu no Telescope!"

Making a motion as if to headbutt the air he shot his head forward into the fog. After several hundred feet his head collided with a solid surface.

Nami facepalmed, 'Does he have to give every move a name?'

'Are those spikes?' he wondered as he looked around at the other parts of the wall. 'They are, aren't they?'

"Damn it!" he yelled as he felt his legs loosing their hold on the Sunny's banister.

"No, Luffy!" Nami said as she saw his legs were coming loose. "Chopper, grab Luffy's legs before it's too late. We won't be able to find him if he goes overboard in this thick fog."

"Luffy!" Chopper yelled as he rushed to grab Luffy's legs. With a mighty heave Chopper pulled on Luffy's legs bring his head flying back to the Sunny.

"Thanks Chopper," he said when his head snapped back to where it would be on a normal human. 'Now then, what did I need to warn them about? Think. . . harder. . . Got it!'

"Nami, there are spikes dead ahead, not even six-hundred feet away." Next to them Robin starting using one of her hana hana no mi techniques.

"Mille Fleurs, Giganto Mano!"

A giant hand sprouted from the starboard hull and immediately dived underwater to try and turn the ship right. "It's not working, the ship won't budge," Robin said.

"What do we do? What can we do? This is the end!" Chopper and Usopp screamed as they ran around crying anime tears.

"We can't turn the ship or stop it," Nami surmised. "Luffy, just how high were those peaks?"

Ussop froze mid-run. "Nami," he asked, voice trembling, "What are you planning?"

"We might be able to Coup de Burst," she replied.

"What if there's land on the other side of the spikes?" Sanji asked.

"It's our only hope!"

"Yosha!" Luffy interjected. "Coup de Burst it is!"

"Hai captain, but I need some time to prepare the ship," Franky replied.

"Okay, Usopp, Chopper, Sanji and Brook! Go help Franky! Robin, Nami and Zoro try anything to slow the ship. I'll check how much closer the spikes have gotten. Lets go!" Luffy commanded.

"Hai!" they all shout in what sounded like a single voice. "Mille fleurs, Giganto Mano!" "Milky road, Wall!" "Santoryu, Great Dragon Twister!"

A giant pair of arms formed on both sides of the ship and then began try to swim against the current, slowing the ship's movement. A giant tornado in front of the ship helped to cause resistance, slowing the ship even further. The wall of clouds made by Nami's Milky Road, when combined with the other two techniques, was enough to stop the ship entirely.