"I don't know fucking know Lou, do I?"

Tears slowly starting to drip down my cheeks. Relief filled me as we started to keep a steady pace and no other out of control cars were around. We are safe, I thought. We're not going to die.

I looked through my tears at Louis and noticed he was crying too, and looking through to the back of the car i saw Zayn sitting pale white and in shock, simply staring out the window of the car.

We drove the rest of the journey in silence, the overly cheerful radio presenters filling the gap our voices usually filled.

Finally, about five minutes away from Liam's, Louis spoke up.

"Does any one know how to get there from here?"

Zayn took it upon himself to help point Louis the right way and I rested my head against the window, still too jittery inside to speak. Where had all them cars gone? There was no way we could have driven past them. Even if the van headed straight for us had missed, we still would have crashed into one of the others blocking the road. Where did they go?

"This is the right one, yeah?" Louis asked, slowing down.

"Number 29. Yeah."

He pulled over the pavement then parked the car. Zayn jumped out the second Louis stopped, but us two waited for a second.

"Are you OK?" I asked him, speaking for the first time since we had gotten off the motorway.

"Yeah." He replied shakily, and stepped out the car. I followed suit and was about to head up to where Zayn was waiting at Liam's front door when I noticed Louis had stopped, grasping a piece of paper in his hand.

"Louis, what are you staring at?"

Louis head flipped up and he began to cry again, shaking and looking completely petrified.

"Hey," I rushed over to him and pulled him into my arms. He nuzzled his head into my neck like he always did, his muffled cries shaking through his body. "What's up babe?"

His hands reached for mine  and for a second I thought he wanted some comfort until I felt the little bit of paper he had been reading shoved into my hand.

I opened the little note and felt my entire body go numb again at the words on the page.

"Louis,

You chose not to listen to my warning.

Big mistake.

I told you to leave Styles alone, and instead you go after Malik as well.

Naughty boy.

And naughty boys must be punished.

If my little stunt with the cars didn't make you see reason, I'll make sure someone gets killed next time.

It could be you, it could be one of your friends, it could even be one of your family.

Watch out.

P."

I sighed and gently pushed his shaking form away to look at me.

"Lou, hey, shush. I know this is scary, I know. And if you think we should stop now I will completely support you. But know, if a few spinning cars is the worst he can do he doesn't scare me. And i'm guessing it doesn't scare Zayn either. Lou, come on, talk to me."

Louis wiped his eyes and stared up at me, smiling weakly. "No, I mean yeah, it freaked me out, but i'm fine. If you don't mind then we'll carry on. Just don't tell Zayn, yeah? Don't want to chase him away when we've only just got him back."

"Yeah, of course. Now lets go get our Liam back." I let him go and he slung an arm round my shoulder. We walked up to Liam's, where Zayn was knocking constantly on the door.

"Stop it mate! You're gonna annoy him and he'll just tell you to piss off." Louis chuckled. Zayn regretfully moved away from the door to come stand with us, and just in time too as none other than Liam's mum answered the door.

"Hello?" Her voice was filled with worry that was reflected on her face. Her eyes looked like she had been crying, her skin was deathly pale and she looked like she hadn't slept in days. "Can I help you boys?"

"We were wondering if Liam was in? We really need to speak to him." I told her, and her eyes widened.

"Do you know what happened to him? Please, please tell me whats happened to my baby!" She choked out distraught.

 "No, we don't, but if we come in maybe we could help you?" Louis suggested.

She agreed and let us in, leading us to the small kitchen. She gestured to the seats at the dining room table and hurried over to the worktops. "Sit down, sit down. Would you like a drink?"

I sat down next to Louis and Zayn sat opposite us. "No thank you, but we would like to know what happened to Liam." He replied.

She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair then went to the chair next to Zayn.

"Honestly, I know this sounds crazy, but he was acting so odd the past few days. Kept muttering to himself about something he needed to do, or something he had forgotten, and kept asking me if there was something big or important that he needed to do. And then last night-"She began to cry slightly again. "He just grabbed hold of me, and shouted "I know Mum! I'll be right back, I've got to go find the boys!" and ran off, out the house!" She became lost in tears again and me, Zayn and Louis exchanged concerned glances. From the sounds of it, Liam had remembered us. So the worrying thing was, where was he?

"And he hasn't come back?" Zayn asked, putting an arm round her for comfort. She shook her head, the tears increasing.

Suddenly, the front door banged open again and from the hallway we heard a voice shout "Mum, I'm back! Who's car is that?"

She instantly jumped up and ran to the hallway to greet the voice, with us following shortly behind. She wrapped the boy in a hug, screaming and crying at his return while warning him that if he ever left again without telling her where he was going she would kill him.

She released her son from the hug and nodded towards us. "There's some boys here to see you, Liam ."

Liam turned to us and gasped.

"You came for me?" He whispered, walking towards us. We all smiled at him.

"Yep." Louis replied.

"What's happened to everything?" He asked, searching our faces for some kind of answer.

"We don't know, Li. We just don't know."

***

A/N P IS BACKKK. Song; Monster, Paramore. Because the song sound like bad stuff is going on, which is sorta what is happening in this chapter. Plus side, Liam seems to remember! Yay.

G xo