1-Freckles

It was a cold day in Ninjago for it was winter. Cole got an idea to try to warm Jay up by working out. And also to get a chance to be able to hang out with him since he had quite the crush on the blueberry.

So there they were in the training area with nothing but their ninja gi's on.

"Kick your leg up higher."

"I-I'm trying!"

"Well, you're not trying hard enough!" Cole yelled to Jay as he tried to kick at a swinging punching bag. Alas, Jay's kick was too late and he got hit in the face. He slid across the cold, stone floor and stopped with him on his back.

Cole immediately ran towards Jay.

"Jay! Are you ok?" He helped the blueberry sit up.

"That. Is. It!" Jay shouted pounding his fist on the ground,"I'll never get this right!" He put his face in his knees.

"Yeah you will. You just need more practice. It's my fault. I shouldn't have pushed you so hard....." Cole said.

"Still, I wish I could just be able to land the move right." Jay sighed.

"Cmon, you worked hard today, let's go get some rest." Cole helped Jay up and they walked over to his room room door where Jay turned the knob.

"I'm going to take a shower, see you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? You're not gonna eat?" Cole asked.

"Too tired." The blue ninja yawned.

"Ok. See ya...." Cole said sadly and turned around. But for some reason he didn't leave. He stayed in front of his door. There was always this curiosity to enter Motor Mouth's room and take a small peak. Just a small one. He hadn't seen his room after the move into the Temple of Airjitzu.

He crept over to his room and heard the sound of water running. Good he won't hear him enter. He turned the door knob slowly and entered his room. It was a lot neater than his own.

On the shelves lay snow globes and rocks, on the wall: a map of Ninjago and different inspiration posters, on the bed though, lay something that interested him. Jay's plushie, Mr. Cuddlywomp. The one he destroyed, or so he thought, on accident.

"Of course Jay. Of course." He rolled his eyes and looked at it. It was in pieces but Jay seemed to patch it up with different colored fabrics. It made Cole feel guilty. He even made fun of Jay for having the teddy bear and sleeping with it.

"Sorry....." He mumbled out loud to no one in particular.

"It's ok. I mean, he's still scratched up but Mr. Cuddlywomp still keeps me company." Cole looked up to see Jay looking at him with nothing but his bathrobe on. He instantly blushed, thankful for his dark skin.

"O-oh you heard that?" The ninja of earth stuttered.

Stop stuttering Cole! You've seen him in his bathrobe before! He scolded himself.

"Yeah, heh." Jay scratched the back of his neck. Cole got a good look at his face. His big, electric, blue eyes, his pink cheeks, his light skin, the freckles, wait......freckles?!

"Heh, you have freckles!" Cole chuckled a bit.

"What n-no I don't!" Jay looked away, putting his face in his elbow to hide the splattered dots as well as his blush.

"C'mon Jay, they're there." Cole smiled.

"I don't know what you're talking about! I. Don't. Have. Freckles. Period. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go change to sleep. Good. Night!" Jay pushed Cole out and slammed his door.

+++++

(Cole's POV)

At breakfast Jay and I had stayed extremely quiet. I glanced at Jay but saw no freckles.

Was I seeing things? I thought to myself. I looked down at my plate, and then got up to put it in the fridge for later.

"Cole, you've barely eaten anything. Are you alright?" I looked at the table and saw Zane look straight at me.

"Well, I don't know. I'm just not that hungry this morning." I shrugged.

"Is it a stomach bug? Do you want me to scan you?" Zane sounded worried. But I shook my head no.

"No it's fine Zane. I'll eat later." I said and went into my room which strangely enough, it's right across from Jay's.

I flopped down on my bed and started playing random songs from my playlist.

"Ugh, stupid sweat! I thought it was water resistant......" I turned from my room and Jay enter his own, the door was opened just a crack.

I sneaked my way over and peaked in. I saw Jay at a mirror applying makeup on his face. So he did have freckles! The door gave in on my weight and I fell into Jay's room.

"Cole! W-what are you doing?" Jay hissed at me.

"Nothing! I-I was just passing by and the door was open so I-"

"Were you spying on me.....?" Jay looked worried.

"N-no! Nothing like that!" I shuttered.

"Stop lying. I know you were watching me put on the um.......you-know-what......" He blushed.

"The makeup?" I got up and sat on his bed.

"Concealer!" He shouted at me throwing the small bottle towards me, I dodged it and got up. I looked at his face and took his chin, starting to rub his cheek with my thumb.

"C-Cole! W-what are you.......what are you d-d-doing?" He stuttered.

"Just hold still." The makeup eventually came off and it was confirmed. Jay had freckles. They were everywhere on his face. I tried to do the other side but Jay pulled away.

"Cole! S-stop!" He whimpered and covered the cheek I had rubbed. He was blushing.

"Sorry. You know, freckles are nothing to be ashamed of. They look kinda cute." I blushed at what I just said.

"Are you sure it doesn't make me look......dorky?"

"You're already a dork." I chuckled, but then I see Jay's hurt face.

"I didn't mean it like that. You know when I'm joking. What's the big deal with you having to hide your freckles anyways?" I pull him onto the bed and look towards him to see him stay silent and look away.

"It's okay, you can tell me."

"When I was little, I barely had any friends. I used to get bullied a lot. The freckles just made me look weak, making me a bigger target. Until I started wearing concealer when I started middle school in the city. There, no one really hurt me as much. I only got the usual nerd phrase and that was mostly it. I kept wearing it as a means to protect myself. Nya also said she hated freckles because she dated someone who had them and hurt her heart and she wanted to forget about him so I kept hiding them so I didn't hurt her either. But, I guess that was kind of selfish."

"No no, you actually have a good excuse. I'm proud of you for being able to share this." I put a hand on his shoulder.

Jay gave me a shy smile. I returned it.

"Welp, I'm going to go work out now. See you......Cookie Crumbs." I smirked at the new nickname.

"Only a Cake Lover would say that." He smirked back.

"Touché." I closed the door.