Winston laughed a bit before pulling away so he could look at me, his smile had become a bit sad looking. "Come on, Jacob, I'm serious, why didn't you call me last night?"

Weakly, I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't... I don't know, well I mean, I do know... It was just... It was like two o'clock in the morning and I knew you were asleep, I didn't want to wake you, you know? Who wants to get up and drive across town at two in the morning?"

"Someone who wants to make sure that their boyfriend is okay" Winston answered, "that's who, I would've showed up. You don't have to be worried about what time of day it is, you can call on me and I'll be there, okay?"

I nodded my head a little, "okay".

Winston kissed my forehead.

"Does it look bad?" I quietly asked.

"Your hair?"

I nodded my head again.

"No, just looks like you cut it yourself".

"So that means it looks bad, thanks, Winston" I huffed.

"You're still cute though" he shrugged his shoulders, "I could touch up the back for you?"

"Yes, please".

I lead Winston up to my room and handed him the scissors that were still resting on the nightstand. I sat down on the bed with my back towards Winston and kept my head forward so he could easily trim my hair.

"How did visiting Axel go?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "it went okay, I guess. I ran into Chresanto when I first got there".

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, he looked pretty upset. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that I should stop pretending to care about him because I had made it pretty clear before that I didn't".

"Is that true?"

"No, it's not, I don't think I've ever said that I didn't care about him. I know I've said that I don't care about him the same way I did before, but saying that doesn't mean that I don't care about him at all anymore".

All that could be heard for a moment was the sound of the scissors cutting my hair because I was waiting for Winston to say something.

"So do you want to let him know that?"

"Yeah, kind of. I don't want him to think that I don't give a shit about him".

Winston hummed softly.

"If I... If I talk to Chresanto, would that make you uncomfortable?"

"Not uncomfortable per se, more like a bit wary".

"Oh".

"I'm not going to stop you from talking to him though, if you want to talk to him, then you can. You know I don't like feeling as if I'm keeping you from doing anything that you want to do".

Winston was so nice to me, I really didn't deserve him.

I let him finish touching up my hair and once he was done, I stretched out so I was laying on my bed. I patted the space beside me so Winston could join me. Once he did, I picked up Axel's journal and flipped the pages until I got to where I had left off in reading. I had read some more of the entries here and there, mostly all of them were pretty pointless and irrelevant.

I met this guy. His name is Chresanto. I found him smoking a cigarette by the bleachers. I asked for one and he stared at me before asking if I had smoked before. I lied and told him yes because I knew he wasn't going to give me one if I had said no. We didn't talk after he gave me the cigarette and lit it for me.