055

Jacob's P.O.V.

"You don't look too good".

"Shut up" I grumbled, hugging myself as I swayed from side to side. I'm sure I looked like I'd come down with something because honestly I felt like it.

"Does your head hurt?" Winston asked curiously.

"No, I just feel terrible".

"You should stay home".

"I can't" I sighed, "I'm behind in a few classes".

"And why is that?" Winston questioned, walking up to me. I closed my eyes when he felt my forehead before pushing my hair back some.

"Probably from falling asleep in class, I'm still struggling with my insomnia. If I'm tired enough to fall asleep, I'll take the opportunity to sleep, whether it's in class or not" I explained, blinking open my eyes to find that Winston was still standing in front of me. I admired his eyes for a moment, they were a pretty blue. I casually looked over the rest of his facial features for a few seconds. "Your eyes are pretty".

Winston chuckled at my compliment, "thank you". He took a step back and pulled his car keys from his pocket. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah" I nodded and grabbed my bag before shouting to my parents that I was leaving.

Winston drove us to school as usual, and on the way I decided to talk about his birthday.

"Are you going to have a party?" I asked curiously.

"Probably just a small one at my house with family" he answered with a simple shrug of his shoulders. "You're invited to come".

"I'm not family, Winnie".

"Yeah, but I'm sure I'm going to invite the other guys who we sit with at lunch. Plus, you haven't met my parents yet, I want you to meet them".

"Why? I'm nothing special".

"I beg to differ" Winston shook his head, "you can meet Trenton, and Aspen too".

I smiled a little at the idea of meeting Aspen. She seemed like quite the character when I talked to her on FaceTime.

"Okay" I agreed, "just tell me the day and the time and I'll be there. I'll have your gift by Friday".

"You're really going to get me a gift?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know, I told you that you really didn't need to".

"And I told you that I wanted to, so there's that" I responded.

Winston chuckled and said "okay".

As usual, Winston walked me to my first class when we got to school. We stood beside the door and I didn't say anything as he placed the back of his hand onto my forehead.

"You know I'm not sick, right?" I asked, "it's my meds".

"Oh, right... Sorry".

"It's okay, I appreciate your concern" I glanced down the hallway and noticed Chresanto was walking with Ray and Elijah. I stared at him for a moment and looked away when he noticed me staring. "You're going to be late if you don't start walking to your class, Winnie".

"You're right, I'll see you at gym, right?"

"Mhm, gym".

I watched Winston walk away before walking into the classroom. I could hear someone call my name, but I knew it wasn't Winston or even Jasper, so I didn't turn around. I just continued to walk to my desk and sit down. I barely payed any attention in class, I really tried though. It was just hard for me to just sit there in my desk and listen. I felt so jittery, like I could just run around because I had so much pent up energy or something.