A Good Time [1]

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'll do something different in this chapter, I'll start with the future (like in the episode of Jughead's party) and then back to the present. So if you don't understand something, ask. 

A GOOD TIME [1]

Love is all about beauty, it's extraordinary, until one day it isn't. We get this person who is right and wrong at the same time, and it's so confusing because it's love. That's what Archie Andrews is to Eleanor Cooper, and the reason why they didn't last is because it was the wrong time, the wrong words. If you do the right thing at the wrong time all you get is pain, and they got pain, lots of it, because, unfortunatelly, we don't get to choose who we love.

"I wasn't supposed to like you but I just did." Before Archie can say anything, she continues. "But that's all it is, that's all it was. Maybe, yes, I ended it because of Betty but it was also the right thing to do. We would end anyway, and it'd be ugly, and there will be nothing left of us."

The music is too loud and the alchool is getting to him, but he still manages to hear her, talk about them in the past, perfectly. He almost wishs he hadn't.

"I'm sorry." I'm sorry I wasn't good enough, he thinks to himself.

"I know you are." Ellie gives him a sad smile. "I've always known you're sorry."

"Give me a chance, give us a chance." Archie tries. "I'll prove to you that we can make it work."

"I can't. I'm sorry, Arch."

She turns around, Archie's hand goes to her left wrist to stop her. Ellie keeps her back to him but turns her head over her shoulder. She waits for him to say something, but she's afraid of what it can be and Archie's afraid of saying it. So he removes his hand painfully, and Ellie nods before walking away, the tears forming in her eyes because, once again, we don't get to chose who we love.

That's what is coming their way that weekend. That's also Jughead's birthday, but as they can't predict most things, they don't forsee it. At least not until it hits them like a train, and it will hurt, just like everything that envolves Eleanor Cooper, Archie Andrews, and the word sorry.

When Ellie steps outside the Coopers' household that morning, she sees Archie and his Dad talking by the house next to hers, and the red-haired boy seems very upset – they both do. So when Fred Andrews gets into his car and drives away, she walks towards him.

"Hey, Arch."

"El." He tries to smile, but the memories of their talk the other day and the thing with his father, makes it hard to.

"Is everything ok?" She wonders. "You and your Dad seemed very upset..."

"He's leaving for the weekend to Chicago." Archie explains. "He's going to sign up the divorce papers with my Mom."

"Oh," Eleanor looks down. "that's not what you wanted."

"It isn't." He licks his lower lip before continuing. "I always hoped that... I don't know."

"It's ok." She approaches him. "It's your parents, everyone wants their parents to be together. Jughead, me, you..."

"Now it's gone." Archie sighs. "It doesn't matter."

"Hey." Ellie touches his arm. "Your mother is still your mother, even if she lives way too far. She still loves you more than anything even if you chose your Dad."