Demon's Blood

The bass pounded through the balls of my feet as I approached the club. Flashing a smile at the bouncer, I breezed past the line of party-goers bustling to get in. Someone like me doesn't wait to get into a nightclub. Sauntering through the door, the first thing that hit me was the humidity radiating from the mass of bodies on the dance floor. I could already feel my thick, black hair curling against the nape of my neck. I sighed, eyeing the smoky haze that permeated the air. Sometimes I hated spending my nights in places like these. At least this was one of the classier clubs I'd worked in.

I approached the bar, adjusting my dress so that it rode up a little, showing off even more of my long legs to the eyes I knew were following me. With my body-hugging, blood-red dress, six inches heels, and black hair that brushed the bottom of my back, I was aware that I drew a large amount of attention to myself. Motioning to the bartender, I spoke over the deafening music, "Bloody Mary, please. With extra bloody." A self knowing smirk brushed past my lips as the bartender turned to prepare the drink, slightly perturbed by my expression.

When I had my order in hand, I turned to survey the club, sipping slowly on the red liquid as my eyes wandered over the couples thrusting and grinding. My mouth pulled up in a slight sneer. What happened to the elegant dances of previous centuries? I glanced over the club once more, finally spotting what I needed. On the edge of the dance floor, a man sitting alone in a booth. Excellent. Not as good as the other men I'd taken, but he would do. I wandered over to where he sat, ensuring that ample amounts of both leg and cleavage were showing. As I reached his table, I was suprised to find that he was much younger than I'd previously guessed, barely old enough to get into the club.

Not letting that deter me, I leant over him, lowering my voice and whispering in his ear, "That seat isn't taken, is it?" He looked up at me, his eyes wide with admiration and lust, and shook his head. I settled myself into the seat opposite him, and brushed my leg against his. I noticed him shift as his lower regions...well, got a bit excited. The poor dear looked as though he had never seen someone like me. Well, I guess if he knew what I really was, he'd be looking at me completely differently.

"How about we go outside, for some...fresh air?" I questioned seductively.

"B-but you just sat down. I wouldn't want to be rude," he stammered.

"Oh don't worry. You can make it up to me later." I smiled, and watched as he took a few deep breaths, coming to terms with what I had just said. His eyes grew wide once more as realisation set in. I laughed lightly and took his hand, pulling him through the crowd, and out into a small lane beside the club. As I walked, I marvelled at how easily he was enchanted. Normally, I would have been more cautious, but with my next meal approaching so quickly and with such ease, my mind was somewhat clouded with triumph.

Spinning the boy around and forcing him against the rough brick wall, I pressed my body to his, moulding his mouth with mine. I tangled my hands in his hair, as I felt his moving up my leg, pushing away fabric to reach ever higher. Feeling the flow of energy rush from his mouth, I smiled against his lips, the hot red of passion and life addling my mind so much, that even with my heightened senses, I didn't hear the hiss of a knife being unsheathed.

I only realised my fate once I felt it slip between my ribs, the cold metal piercing my heart and stopping my breath. I pulled away from my killer, only now coming to terms with what he was. I faltered, disturbed by the look in his eyes. He leaned forward to whisper in my ear, his breath hot on my quickly chilling neck. "See you in Hell, you succubus son of a bitch."

The hunter's crazy smile was the last thing I saw before my sight failed, and I was plunged into the deepest, darkest part of Hell itself.

********************************************************

Hey, guys, I've been meaning to get this up for a while. This won't be updated very regularly (just preparing you now) as this is a very big year for me, but I will try to use this as a study break. Hope you enjoy it :)

-E