Never Knew You

For many, the thought of attending a high school reunion was more nerve-racking than how it felt when they were taking the SATs. But Finn Balor wasn't scared. If anything, he was ready. It had been fifteen years since graduation and Finn was ready to show off! The owner of an international wrestling school, a big house on the beach, and had good looks along with a ton of brains. Nothing was going to stop Finn from showing off.

But he could care less if all the women wanted him and men wanted to be him. He only had his eyes for one man and one man only. The same man who he was smitten with in high school, the tall loner he'd sit next to in English, the linebacker that made his heart ache just like he did with the bodies of players from rival schools.

Baron Corbin.

To many, he was feared. But to Finn? He was adored...admired...

Loved.

How his eyes were always on the six foot eight, tattooed linebacker that stole his heart freshman year. All thanks to Mr. Regal for making them sit next to each other. A shy, innocent soul by heart Finn never mustered up the courage to ask Baron out. The closest he got to ever talking was when the boy asked if he could borrow a pencil during a test. His heart raced when Baron handed a pen over instead.

With Finn being what some would label...a nerd...the only time they were together was during English. Because of Baron's dedication to getting a much-needed sports scholarship, the brunet would wait constantly on edge when he got to stare at those big, chocolate brown eyes. The Irish man's heart shattered into pieces when he went through the sophomore year without Baron Corbin. By then, his only chance at catching a glimpse of him was by attending all the football games. Even having to beg his best friend, Shinsuke, into going with him.

Luckily, fate would bring them back together again when senior year finally showed up. Getting to see Baron every morning in biology and at the end of the day in calculus. The day of their high school graduation was a day of celebration and completion. But for young Balor...it was his last chance to ever see his infatuation...at least for a while.

"Get ready, love. Tonight you're going to be mine!" Confidence oozed from his smile, straightening his tie along with clipping in the silver cufflinks.

_______________

The night was still young, the music played throughout the whole gymnasium and the crowd was a mixture of people dancing and talking to others they had not seen in years. The blue orbs scanned the area until they landed right on his target.

There he was...

Laughing with his old football buddies and sipping their beers. Baron still just as handsome as he was back then. He lost quite a bit of weight and his hair now passed his shoulders. His simple shoulder tattoo looked to be a whole sleeve from under his suit.

"Oh, Baron, baby...you're only fifty feet from where I am but it feels like you're worlds away..." Thoughts racing through, trying to collect all the confidence he had just moments ago. How could all of it vanish?!

"This could be your last chance, my friend." He heard Shinsuke, sitting down on the nearby stool. "Go up and talk."

"Uh..When he's done talking. I don't wanna be rude."

"Now's not the time to be shy. There are no more bleachers to hide under while he's practicing his 'perfect spiral'."

"I only did that once!"

"Just go!"

Shinsuke was right. Even though it infuriated Finn to no end, he knew this was very last chance. His last chance to win Baron's heart, to have the tall man in his arms, to finally kiss those plump, pink lips. Guzzling down the rest of his ale, he walked. What felt like miles were only a few a steps before facing Baron's back. "You're so beautiful..."