Prologue

© copyright April 2014, LisaHeartfilia 

26th February, 2014:

It was just any ordinary evening. I came home from school, ate dinner, and did homework. School was fun; dinner was extremely delicious. My mother cooked all my favorite dishes: fried chicken, vegetable soup, and roasted duck. I felt really grateful to have a mother like her.

It was 7:50 p.m. when I went for a bath, upstairs. My phone was on the solid, wooden table, where I would usually sit and do my homework in the living room. The reference and exercise books were stacked on the same table, ready to be read, referred, and completed. My phone had a bubblegum pink casing, and it was one of the newest models. My father was doing the dishes in the kitchen, wearing gloves, of course. I could hear the water running, and the clinking of porcelain against porcelain. 

When I was back from bathing, I came down to find my mother, observing my phone. She told me, "You have a missed call." 

True enough, when I checked the call logs, it stated that I had a missed call. It was a local number. It came in at EXACTLY 8:00 p.m.

Regardless from where it came from, it surely wasn't in my contacts list. There was no name specified. 

I took it as a minor fact that someone called the wrong number. I brushed it aside, clearing up my mind as I was doing homework. 

Several days after that, there was no anonymous calls. I felt relieved that there was no one tracking me down. I assumed that my fact was correct, and it was just a coincidence. 

I continued with my school life, living happily and free with all the people I love, enjoying the typical teenage lifestyle. 

Just as I was about to fulfill my happiness in a teenager's ordinary life, I received another anonymous call.

From the same number.