He had taken me to the most expensive restaurant in town, the same one he had on our first date, insisting to order me the most expensive meal on the menu. I tried to stop him since I hate steak, which was the main part of the meal, but to no avail. He just continued on and ordered it without stopping to listen to me. I then sat through the meal, picking at everything beside the steak. It wasn't the end of the world, of course. Just frustrating when the person who should know you best, doesn't even know what you don't like, I guess.

He rounded the car, sliding into the drivers seat as I pulled open the passenger door and did the same. Finally shielded from the whipping winds, my cold nose finally started to thaw from the ice cold brick that it had become.

The car ride was silent, only filled with the soft hum of the radio that was playing some classical CD that he always had playing. Somehow, this disk that only had ten different songs never drove him crazy even though they were on a constant replay.

After driving for maybe a whole ten minutes, we finally pulled up to a hotel. Not just any hotel, my friends, but the hotel that I had stayed at when I was handcuffed to none other than Vitale Bianchi. The two and a half week old memories of that night flooded into my mind as Trevor pulled up and parked near the doors. The way Vitale's cold green eyes danced over my face too often for my liking, the way his hand held mine the next day when I ran into Gabriel.

The memories sent an unwarranted shiver down my spine. I let out a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding when Trevor's car door slammed shut behind him, pulling me out of my train of thought. My door soon opened, where Trevor stood with a grin. I unbuckled myself warily, the answer to why he had me pack clothes finally arriving in front of me.

"Surprise," he smiled, stepping back and letting me out of the passenger seat. I stood up finally, taking in the hotel that was all too familiar for only spending one night in it.

"You got a room?" I asked as he pulled our duffel bags from the back, locking the car when all the doors were finally closed.

"Yeah, just for a night. I figured we could have some alone time after spending nearly a month apart," he shrugged, heading towards the door but not before making sure I was following behind him.

I stayed silent, deciding I had nothing to say at the moment. We made our way into the lobby that I had already become acquainted with. Trevor mumbled something about staying put before setting the duffel bags by me and heading towards the front desk. I sighed, plopping down on the couch and looking up at the ceiling that had a beautiful mural of angels floating through fluffy white clouds, something I hadn't noticed before.

Part of me thought maybe this was a good idea, to really give Trevor a fair shot. There was definitely another part of me, though, an all-consuming part that really wished I was in my bed, watching Gilmore Girls and eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's. I don't know if I can reall–

"Gracie?" A strikingly familiar voice called out, breaking my concentration. At first I was confused, until I sat up from staring at the ceiling and found Kyle looking at me with a confused expression. His face lit up when he caught my features, realizing that it was me, indeed. "You just couldn't get enough of me, could you?" He smirked, plopping down on the couch across from me.

"How did you know? I actually came here to profess my deep, everlasting love for you, how convenient you found me first," I smiled playfully, watching him closely as he lounged back carelessly, throwing his legs up onto the coffee table between us. "Kyle, get your feet down! Thats rude," I whisper-yelled at the adult-child that sat across from me, panic rising in my chest at the thought of one of the employees seeing his act of disrespect.

"You really think Vitale is going to care? C'mon, Gracie, he has enough money to buy this country, you think he cares about a measly coffee table?" He raised a brow in amusement towards me.

Wait a second.

"Vitale?" I parroted his words, my brows effectively knitting together in confusion. "What does he have to do with anything?"

"He owns this hotel, don't you know?"

──────────

Of course he owns the hotel. 

What mafia boss doesn't own a hotel? *cue eye roll*

Question of the day: Morning bird or night owl?

I'm a little bit of both lol

Until next time, home skillets!

banner by: @kaylakeifer