#9

This is the second chapter. Enjoy it!
I stare at the wall I just aimed at. The black hole in the middle serving as a reminder to what I just did.

My hands begin to tremble as I look at them and back to the hole on the crumbling wall.

"so I was.. Kayla what is this?? "

Josie's voice says filled with questioning. I turn to my back where she is floating, her mouth slightly open in amazement.

"Josie " I call out, my voice betrays my confident poise because deep down I am scared.

She holds my hands and look back at the black hole in the wall... Or the remaining of the wall.

"That was extreme magic Kayla. I haven't seen anything like it before. "

"What? " although I am shocked , I realise that even Father's magic didn't look as strong as this and considering he used it every blossom festival and used it extremely.

Josie stretches her hands towards the wall and restores it to its former look. My normal peach wall.

She looks at me "Now, you really need your lessons Missy. This is beyond you right now. There has to be something that triggered such power. It was almost like you have an Intusion. "

"An intusion?"

She nods "Yes, when you posses another person's power combined with yours. It's like fusion but without you joining bodies. Sometimes, the power can be transferred from an object or the like. "

Whose power did I have with me?

And what the heck is happening??

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure it doesn't have side effects "

I'm about to have a sigh of relief when she continues.

"I think " she adds almost inaudibly.

Oh. My.

"After our lessons, we'll figure it out but first, what exactly did you do to trigger it?"

I bite my lip. I let my emotions slip and this time, it had consequences. I guess Josie was right when she said magic came from the inside.

"I was angry.. About what Father said about Grover. I was crushed and devastated. " I say, my mind going back to those minutes ago.

She sighs. "That was deep. You must really hate it that you're not getting your way. "

"Yes. " I clench my fist.

She comes closer to me, her face very straight not resembling the jovial Spirit I met a  week ago.

"Listen carefully Princess. You've got to be in control of your emotions because as a magical being, it is intertwined with your magic. You tapped into your magic which is by the way impressive but if you're not careful, it will overwhelm you and eventually destroy you. Do you understand? "

I gulp. I couldn't understand any better. More reasons I wished I was normal like the rest.

"So our lesson Princess, is learning how to control your inner magic because it's raw and needs to be trained."

I sit up now, trying to listen to her so that maybe I won't end up destroying myself even if for me, it is not impossible.

"Now it's simple. You think it, reflect on it, tap into your magic and boom!  You're working to your will. "

"it's not that simple.. " I mutter.

"I know. Nothing is ever simple with magic. One mistake and that's it, you're in for some trouble. "