Home

Cher Delacour hated surprises, especially the one being presented to her at the moment

Cher Delacour hated surprises, especially the one being presented to her at the moment. A Triwizard tournament at Hogwarts? All Cher wanted was her final year at Beauxbaton to be peaceful. Sometimes Cher would have a vision, but none what so ever when it came to this little contest. It was frustrating to no end when her somewhat deficient powers didn't work for reasons she didn't understand.

Cher stands with her mother, Apolline Delacour in their foyer of Delacour Manor after receiving a second batch of letters from Beauxbaton, the magical school Cher attended with her two sisters. Despite Cher's sourness toward the letters Apolline pays her no attention. The older Delacour was far more interested in a letter she received from her husband who was in America on business.

"Mother, do I have to go to Scotland?" Cher asks in French as she finished reading the letter her school had sent regarding the forthcoming tournament that was set to take place at Hogwarts starting in the fall. Everyone in the Wizarding World knew about the things that went on at Hogwarts. In only the past three years a professor tried to kill some students, the fabled Chamber of Secrets had been opened and an escaped prisoner from Azakaban had been caught on school grounds before disappearing into the night. Even all the way in France, Cher's home country, people had heard whispers that You-Know-Who was involved somehow and some way. Some claimed he didn't die that night he attacked Harry Potter. Being forced to go to Hogwarts and being caught in the middle with all that dark lord nonsense was not her idea of a good final year.

"Don't be such stick in the mud, Cher," Fleur said in French as she descended the staircase leading the foyer where Cher stood with their mother. Fleur was lugging an over-stuffed suitcase in her arms with much difficulty. Cher raises an eyebrow when her twin lets it drop onto the marble floor.

"Well sorry for not wanting to partake in one of those horrible situations that Hogwarts seems like they can't avoid for the past few years," Cher remarks with a huff.

Fleur rolls her eyes, "don't you worry, I'll be there to protect you."

It's Cher's turn to roll her eyes at Fleur's remarks.

"Cher, Fleur," Apolline snaps in French, "that's enough bickering from the two of you."

"But, Mother," Cher sighs switching to English.

Apolline interrupts her daughter, "not another word, young lady. Now go pack your things for school."

With a silent sigh Cher walks up the stairs that Fleur had just descended with her suitcase. With what feels like lead-filled feet Cher drags her feet while she walks to her room that's in between Fleur and Gabrielle's bedrooms. She walks to the open suitcase on her bed that was only half full with clothes that she was going to wear to Beauxbaton. All of her school books, ink and quills were piled on the bed next to her suitcase.

Cher didn't need her shabby powers of foresight to tell her that this year at Hogwarts wasn't going to be the walk in the park she hoped her final year of school would be.