Scene 1

Holding in a sturdy shabby tree to hide my presence. 'It's better they don't know I'm here'. Eyes mixed with sadness and loneliness while looking far from the crying crowd of people. It's hard to believe this moment to see my own funeral, even though I'm still alive. I could clearly see my friends and family mourning. I want to go there and say that I'm here, but this is the right thing to do to protect them. Taking the last moment to see them, until I check my watch. Time really does fly so fast, 'I need to go now'. Covering my head with my hoodie, walking until disappearing through the crowd.

________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a year past. I could clearly remember what happened in that day. Images of event flashing back to my mind.

It's already dark. I was driving my way to a certain place, when a great fire that just currently happened in front. I immediately got out and watched it.

"Please help! My daughter..." a lady shrieked as she tried past through to the rescuers gripped.

"We're sorry Ma'am, but it is dangerous to get in there." One of them said.

The lady can't do anything but cry and watch the situation she's in.

"It's Mrs. Sincht Residence"

"Indeed, When did this happen"

"It's around 7pm... I think. I was washing my dishes when I smell smoke penetrating in my kitchen. That's when I realize there is fire nearby. I directly went out and found this."

"How awful this situation it is for Mrs. Sincht. Her only daughter is still in there"

"I hope her daughter would be fine"

Over hearing the talking ladies....wait! Sincht? Riah Sincht is still in there? Running as fast as I could, while splashing water to ready myself to get in. I need to save her.

"Hey! -"Someone told, but I was still eager to continue to what I was planning to do.

Once I reached the inside of the house I quickly followed my instinct to where I was going. I failed to find her in the first room I entered but in the second one I finally found her. But before I could get her, the ceiling collapsed that it blocked the way.

"Riah! Hey can you still hear me?" I tried to talk to her

"Arrgh!" She responded while holding her head. "Judie? You need to get out of here immediately!" she shouted and coughed. Thank goodness she replied.

"I will do that but we should be both to get out here" I tried to past through but I failed. The fire is all over the room now.

"Please Jud... just save yourself" she cried "I would never forgive myself if anything happen to you"

As she finished those words, someone grabbed my wrist as they throw cold blanket around me. Later on, I realized I was already outside resting in a stretching bed.

"What the... Where's Riah?" I immediately got up, while scanning the surroundings.

Only the smoke is seen now. Indicate that the fire is under control. I saw the lady earlier, which is the mother of Riah. This is the first time I meet her mother. While I was going to her, she was crying and could hardly hold it. But then I realized she's in a stretcher with a cloth covering it.

"This isn't true." Convincing myself not to believe what just I conclude to the situation "Riah, why?"

I turned my way. I caught a group of people talking and overheard something while I was going to my car.

"The fire started at the living room. It means someone set the fire purposely"

"Why would they do it? There is none who hold grudges in the victim's family and neither member of family did it."

"I doubt that."

Who would have done this?

"Hey! Judie, I'm sorry I came late" Katie huff as she settled her breathing.

Regaining my consciousness to the reality.

"Its fi- "Before I could finish my word, Gretchen interrupted.

"You always do this Katie" Gretchen raise her brows "How many times do I need to tell you-"

She always lectured Katie about her habit, but in the end she always forgave her.

"Gretchen enough with lecturing, we're out of time now" I interrupted her nagged.

"Okay you're dismissed for now Katie" Gretchen surrendered as she sighed.

We're heading to the assembly area of our field trip. It's rare for us to attend this kind of field trip. But I rather attend than spend my whole week at home. Plus there is still fun with this trip since all of students will join.

"Okay!" a faculty member said as we've arrived at the coffee shop. I noticed that most of students arrived. "Since last batch arrived, you can all head to your respective bus"

"Oh, I forgot to check my ticket bus no." Katie said. We held our ticket in front as we smiled to each other. "Great we have the same bus no."

The ride was long enough that I end up to fall asleep.

"Juudie! Wake up!" somebody shouted as well as shaking me. "Finally, I thought you'd like to be alone here." Regaining my consciousness as I scan the bus. Well I think we've arrived.

"Gretch where would you like to go for now?" Katie asked since I have no objection where ever they go. " Since earlier a faculty member tell us that we can go where ever we want as this hour and they'll send us messages once the activities will start "

Maybe they are preparing for the activities to be made for this day. With our baggage been delivered to our assigned room by the personnel. We managed to got out from the bus and noticed the place.

We are in a place where the bus been parked. Aside from that a tall building is in front of us. It's around 10th floor with a rooftop. I saw some students are there in there respective rooms. Some opening their windows and others are looking at their balcony.

"We might be able to stroll around this place" Gretchen said while checking out her phone. " I think there is a nearby bay here"

"This place is popular for tourist spot. I think the faculty member thought we might learn many things in here since this place is well protected the biodiversity. Plus there is some historical places in here." Katie stated.

"Well I wish this trip will not be boring one" I sighed as we made or way to the beach area.

To be Continued...