Trusting and Believing

August 21, 1974

"You never. . . broke any of your wands yourself, . . . right?" Ollivander had looked at me sadly.

I nodded, but looked to the ground when I caught sight of the wand boxes moving farther into the wall, "That is correct." I took a deep breath before meeting the wand maker's gaze, "I was always held down and against my will when one of my wands was snapped." A sense of unease filled the room - the majority of the wands didn't seem to want to even try to hear me out, but regardless, I continued, "I tried to fight against my attackers, but I couldn't do a thing. I guess, the only thing that has changed is that I will not be going to school with my previous attackers."

"You seem to specialize in wandless magic, the wands want to be used - depended on, if you will," spoke the wand maker. "Though, they are afraid that they will be broken. I'm not sure if there is one that -" a box moved out from the wall, cutting Ollivander off. "Oh? Curious."

I looked to the box. It held a wand - the only wand, in fact, that even wished to be presented to me, "May I?" I asked the maker. I didn't want to intrude.

I seemed to snap him out of his stupor, "Of course!" He ran over to the wall, swiftly took it from the shelf and presented it to me, "Here you are."

"Does it have a name?" I spoke curiously - I really hadn't expected for the wand to even come close to me, much less be presented to me as a candidate for my newest wand.

I seemed to have surprised Ollivander, "No one's ever asked that before."

"I tend to bond with my wand. I have come to realize that the connection not only helps with my magic capabilities, but it also makes the wand more resilient to breakage. I do give all that I can so that my wand survives," the wand shook slightly in its maker's hand, "because I really can't deal with loosing another wand. It tears me apart every time I lose another."

The wand tried to launch itself into my hand from Ollivander, but the maker had his grip upon the thing, "Just a moment, patience will you?" Mr. Ollivander seemed to be having trouble containing the wand's urge to apparently be in my hands, "I have to answer her question." He was speaking to the wand. Not that I had anything to say - as I too spoke to my wand constantly (I had no friends, remember).

"Mr. Ollivander?" This was a little excessive though, I mean, I don't generally see a wizard arguing with his wand.

"Ah!" He turned his attention away from the wand to me, "This wand is 13 and 3/4 inches, Larch wood, unicorn hair core that has surprisingly swishy flexibility. It's name is Garret." He held the wand out to me, and I didn't hesitate this time.

Taking the wand into my hand I whisper, "Hello, Garret." There was a gust of wind and multiple sparks of magic erupted from the tip. I smiled seeing the show. It was a comfort, having a wand again, so much so that I didn't flinch when Ollivander placed a hand upon my shoulder.

I glanced back to meet the maker's gaze and he spoke, "It seems that regardless of your past difficulties, you have found another wand to place its trust in you."

"Thank you, Mr. Ollivander," I was extremely grateful that he had given me a chance and hadn't tried to kick me out of his shop when he learned my past experiences with the wands that had been in my position.

"Don't worry about it, Miss Elaine," he reached behind him and grabbed a clipboard and wrote my wand details down, "If you would sign this, please." I nodded, taking the clipboard from him and smiling when I was handed the quill. I began to spell out 'Elaine' when a bell rang through the store, "Oh? Welcome, Dumbledore."

I finished signing my name and turned to see my guide and future headmaster, "Welcome back."

"Oh?" He smiled seeing my mood lifted, "You must have found a wand."

I nodded, holding up my new wand, "The only one that wanted to give me a chance."

"Wonderful!" He turned to Ollivander with the money to purchase the wand, "Here you are, Ollivander. Now, Miss Elaine needs to be taken to the school to be sorted and to rest."

The wand maker nodded, "Good luck this year, Miss Elaine."

"Thank you, Mr. Ollivander!"

~~~~~~~~~~

We stood in front of the wand shop, and I held my - once again - charmed supplies - charmed by Garret. Dumbledore turned to me, offering his arm again,  "Are you ready to see Hogwarts, Miss Elaine?"

I took a deep breath, slipping my arm through the one that was offered, "I believe so."

A crack echoed through the street as we apperated again - this time to my new school.

________________________________________________________________________________

This is a bit shorter than my last chapter, but I think the sorting should be in the next chapter. So, please bare with me!

I am happy that I already have a few readers, and thank you for that! 

I enjoy writing, so I hope that you guys enjoy this, I promise that my story will make sense as it goes on.

Have a good Day!!!!

~Ashley