auston matthews ---> since when were we ever friends?

Start from the beginning

       "what the hell is she doing here." you heard him snarl to mitch.

       "she hasn't seen the team in so long. can you just be nice for once?" mitch sounded irritated. you didn't hear a retaliation from auston and you watched as he decided to sit directly across from you, clearly trying to get under your skin. you felt your face go red as you started playing with your fingers under the table. you felt so nauseous and wanted nothing more than to get up and run, but you felt paralyzed.

       "haven't seen you in a while. why is that?" auston said in a sarcastic tone. somehow he know that you were avoiding him, and you weren't gonna stop now. you sat in silence continuing to ignore him. "huh? hello, do you understand English?"

       "avoiding you."

       "why on earth would you want to avoid the auston matthews?" dick-mode, on.

       "forget it."

       "no, y/n. why have you been avoiding me the last few months? does it have to do with your feelings for me?" he smirked and you said nothing. "come one y/n, you want me. you want to feel my tongue on every inch of your body." he inched closer to you and started talking softer as tears started forming in the back of your eyes. "you want to touch me, run your hands through my hair while i make you scream my name. you want me inside of you. because your a little slut, right?" he smirked because he knew he had you right where he wanted you.

       you quickly got up and ran outside as fast as you could, leaving mitch, steph, and willy without an explanation. you found a bench across the street and sat down as tears streamed down your face. you were wearing a dress, without a jacket, which made you realized how cold it was outside. you could see the snow falling through your tears.

you sat alone one the bench for ten minutes until you heard someone's footsteps coming toward you. you looked up expecting to see mitch, but connected eyes with auston instead. you looked back down to the ground, tears falling from your face, as auston sat next to you.

"hey." he said. you felt him scan up and down your body. "oh, are you cold? here, take this." he stood up and took his jacket off, handing it to you. you took it out of his hand and threw it on the floor, allowing it to get completely soaked. "i guess i deserved that." he laughed nervously.

"what do you want matthews?" you asked, not wanting to talk to him.

"i just want to apologize for what happened in there." he started.

"okay. apology accepted." you stood up to walk away and he grabbed your wrist and gestured for you to sit back down.

"i know ive been a dick. ive been nothing but mean and rude to you and im so sorry. i never knew it affected you this much. and i don't know why i do it i guess, since the day i met you, ive just always felt something for you. but you would never go for some hockey player like me and i know that. and i guess i was mad and jealous and didn't know what else to do. i mean, you can give a friend another chance right?" he sounded like he meant it. he wasn't being sarcastic, he was genuinely sorry for what he had done.

"since when were we ever friends?" you asked.

"right. look y/n, if im just going to be honest then i guess i should tell you. i think im in love with you. but im a hockey player and people always think all i do is bring home girls for one night and that's it. but you're so smart and beautiful, i knew you wouldn't for someone like that. i got scared and mad and jealous, and just became a dick. im so sorry and if you could give me a chance, you wouldn't regret it. maybe even a chance to be something more than friends?"

       you leaned in, without even thinking, and kissed him. he continued to kiss you back and you pulled away.

       "i think, i love you too. since mitch introduced us, ive always felt this way." you finally admitted.

       "im such an idiot. i wish i knew that before. im so sorry for everything. let's start over?" he said.

       "i would love that."

       "hi, im auston matthews and i would love to ask you on a date with me this friday night?" he flashed his beautiful smile. god, you really were in love with auston.

       "im y/n and i would be more than honored to go on a date with you auston." he grabbed your hand and you walked back over the restaurant together. as you walked back over to the table, fingered intertwined together, you got many puzzled looks and the table went silent.

       "boys, id like you to meet my lovely girlfriend, y/n." everyone stared at the both you as you realized how much explaining you were going to have to do that night.